Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
fade up and out on text displayed on colored backgrounds or video
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2008 12:28 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
can't seem to find a way to fade out text on video or colored backgrounds in PD7? I've tried puting a dissolve at the beginning and end of text displayed on a background but it just pops up and stays there till my time for the video track runs out. Want to have text fade up in 2 seconds, stay up for 5 seconds, and fade out again in 2 second durtions. Looking forward to your suggestions.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary,
Drag your colourboard (if you need one) to the timeline, open up the title tab, choose your title template, drag it to the title track, double click or click on Modify, choose the effects tab (looks like a snowflake), choose your begin and end effect (fade is towards the bottom of the selection). Play with the keyframes to get the timing etc you want.

Should do it.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2008 12:28 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
thanks a bunch. I'll give it a whirl later tonight.