Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
power director encounters a problem
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2008 12:28 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried 3 times to make a DVD (10.4gb) size file with smart fit which is suppose to fit it to a 4.7 dics. It shows a 4.6 file size to be created on the 4.7 dicx but freezes. It creates about 2/3 of the dics and goes to the "pd has encountered a problem and must shut down. Is this just too much compression for the program to handle?
Jim Clark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 18:40 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I periodically have trouble with a burn "hanging" at about 92%. If I turn down the write speed to about 6.0 it burns fine.

Try a slower write speed and see if it helps.

Jim Clark Jim Clark
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2008 12:28 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jim...I'll give it a try.
Walker [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 19, 2008 18:57 Messages: 97 Offline
[Post New]

I don't like the touchy nature of PD7's burn process and always just created video folders (only) and then burn those with Nero. Nero has been around for 10 years and it's the best burning software out there (although it's almost as expensive as PD7 Ultra for the suite). If you've got good burning software I don't see why anyone would want to use PD7 that has to have elementary burning code at best.

Just my 2 cents.
Jim Clark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2008 18:40 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]

I also have Nero and really like it too.

However, when at all possible, burn directly from PD7. Burning directly from PD7 saves me the step of having to create the DVD folder, then open it and burn it from Nero.

But, then again, I've never compared the time of burning directly from PD7 at a slower speed to saving to disk and then burning from Nero.

Hmmm....

Jim Clark Jim Clark
[Post New]
Erro
[Thumb - pd9 dvd.jpg]
 Filename
pd9 dvd.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
64 Kbytes
 Downloaded: