Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I would also like to find an archive of prior patches.
I went through this with PowerDVD 8 Ultra and now I am going through it with 9 Ultra.
Once you find a certain patch that is stable in your system it is best to always have it saved on your computer. That way you can test the latest patches. If the latest patch screws up your setup , you can always roll back.
Quote: The first release I had is 1510. I upgraded to build 1530 which I saved from the update early on, it still worked. As I mentioned, it seems to have been removed around 2 months ago.

The only caveat is that I'm having audio corruption with DTS HD-MA tracks using 1530 but that could be because I haven't been rebooting often when going back and forth between builds (plus it isn't clear if certain components, i.e. DirectShow filters are being downgraded or not).

But anyway, the point is Cyberlink removed protected audio support for Realtek and probably others within the last two months.

Is there a comprehensive list of the upgrades along the way? Or a changelog for the updates? I would like to find the latest release that still preserves 24-bit audio.

My initial version is 1501. If you find a list of downloadable updates let me know, I will do the same.
Can you post what your original version is? Thanks for any help.

Quote: I just got around to playing with it on my Windows 7 HTPC, and guess what.

With the original release of PDVD 9 Ultra, my 24-bit audio IS BACK.

So now the question is -- WHY DID YOU REMOVE IT, CYBERLINK? I guess I just won't download updates.

The silence in this place is deafening.
Quote: I guess I'll have to try going back to the original 9.0 release, I suspect it's been removed from PowerDVD by updates.

Please let me know if it works. I just bought PowerDVD 9 Ultra. My PowerDVD 8 Ultra Gave me 24 bit no problem. 9 never has, probably because I accepted the updates before I tried it for the first time.
I have the same question.......
Go to: