Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is Protected Audio support now gone for Realtek?
Joe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2009 11:24 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDVD 9 Ultra. At some point in the last 6-8 weeks I have lost the ability to get 24-bit audio out of my Blu-Ray discs (I'm using Cars and Wall-E to test as both have 24-bit soundtracks). The audio is getting downsampled to 48-16.

Between the Realtek driver upgrades, PowerDVD upgrades, and Windows 7 (although I have also kept my Vista configuration and I can't get 48-24 there either), I don't know where the problem happened.

Worse, PAP support seems to be stealthy (i.e. no place to configure/confirm it).

My Realtek audio used to allow the PAP for 48-24 surround on the analog outputs, but now it's gone. I've tried a few random versions of Realtek's drivers but I don't know where (or if) Realtek removed support.

How can I get my 24-bit audio back?

Did Cyberlink remove Realtek support?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2009 20:36

CHRIS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2008 14:10 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same question.......
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2009 22:04 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Same here
Joe [Avatar]
[Post New]
I guess I'll have to try going back to the original 9.0 release, I suspect it's been removed from PowerDVD by updates.
CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I guess I'll have to try going back to the original 9.0 release, I suspect it's been removed from PowerDVD by updates.

Please let me know if it works. I just bought PowerDVD 9 Ultra. My PowerDVD 8 Ultra Gave me 24 bit no problem. 9 never has, probably because I accepted the updates before I tried it for the first time.
Joe [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just got around to playing with it on my Windows 7 HTPC, and guess what.

With the original release of PDVD 9 Ultra, my 24-bit audio IS BACK.

So now the question is -- WHY DID YOU REMOVE IT, CYBERLINK? I guess I just won't download updates.

The silence in this place is deafening.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2009 17:10

CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can you post what your original version is? Thanks for any help.

Quote: I just got around to playing with it on my Windows 7 HTPC, and guess what.

With the original release of PDVD 9 Ultra, my 24-bit audio IS BACK.

So now the question is -- WHY DID YOU REMOVE IT, CYBERLINK? I guess I just won't download updates.

The silence in this place is deafening.
Joe [Avatar]
[Post New]
The first release I had is 1510. I upgraded to build 1530 which I saved from the update early on, it still worked. As I mentioned, it seems to have been removed around 2 months ago.

The only caveat is that I'm having audio corruption with DTS HD-MA tracks using 1530 but that could be because I haven't been rebooting often when going back and forth between builds (plus it isn't clear if certain components, i.e. DirectShow filters are being downgraded or not).

But anyway, the point is Cyberlink removed protected audio support for Realtek and probably others within the last two months.

Is there a comprehensive list of the upgrades along the way? Or a changelog for the updates? I would like to find the latest release that still preserves 24-bit audio.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2009 08:55

CHRIS [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The first release I had is 1510. I upgraded to build 1530 which I saved from the update early on, it still worked. As I mentioned, it seems to have been removed around 2 months ago.

The only caveat is that I'm having audio corruption with DTS HD-MA tracks using 1530 but that could be because I haven't been rebooting often when going back and forth between builds (plus it isn't clear if certain components, i.e. DirectShow filters are being downgraded or not).

But anyway, the point is Cyberlink removed protected audio support for Realtek and probably others within the last two months.

Is there a comprehensive list of the upgrades along the way? Or a changelog for the updates? I would like to find the latest release that still preserves 24-bit audio.

My initial version is 1501. If you find a list of downloadable updates let me know, I will do the same.
Joe [Avatar]
[Post New]
bump