Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HA! Classic!
Andrew, please keep me posted as to if the reinstall helps. Although, I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 8 times.

I am hoping that Cyberlink comes up w/ a solution to this. It is too frustrating.

I will be posting any new info here. Hopefully, this will only be a temporary setback for all of us.
I haven't sent a message to customer support yet. After reading through this forum, I get the feeling that those that have taken this issue to Customer Support were not given a solution. It's probably a good idea anyway though. I have invited a senior contributor to view this post though. Hopefully, he willprovide us a solution or give some advise.
Is it possible that we are just going to have to accept that we just wasted money on this product with no hopes of it ever functioning properly? Have you looked through the forums? This is not an isolated issue!
I am currently having some bizarre PDR7 issues. I bought the online version in September and it would crash every time I launched. Either it would crash just after launch or it would not launch at all. I would get an error message saying, "PDR7 has encountered a problem and needs to close." I went through customer support and got the usual canned solution-cycle (Uninstall, reinstall, etc.). I think customer support is in India.

Anyway, I upgraded my RAM to 4 Gig of DDR2 and the program launched and seemed to function. I am using video from my Canon ZR-850 MiniDV Camcorder. I have an older machine (Dell 4600 2.6 Ghx Pentium 4, INTEGRATED VIDEO CARD). OS is Windows XP 2000 Home Edition. Firewall is Comodo, Antivirus is ESET NOD32, also running Spybot S&D, and Spysweeper. I also have DVD Fab HD Decrypter 5 and Nero 7 (trial version) installed. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO DISABLE THESE IN ORDER TO USE THIS PROGRAM!

I captured and started work on my first video and the PDR7 was crashing frequently, I had to relaunch and sometimes reboot. It seemed to auto-save each crash though.

FFWD. I got my first video editied, transitions added, and chapters marked. When I produced it (I used SVRT), I lost me chapter markers. I didn't realize it until after I burned it w/ menu. It took forever to produce (2+ hours) and burn (2+ hours) the 3.5 Gig file. This is not acceptable, although there were 2 AVI clips in there also. I am creating MPEG 2 format DVD HQ files. Video quality was horrible even considering the inherent resolution of MiniDV.

Ok, FFWD again. So I am going back to re-mark the chapters and create chapter pages in the menu. Again, PDR7 crashes alot during editing but I could deal with it. It's not a desired SOP though. However, when I go to produce (even though the file has really already been rendered) it freezes at various %'s, it doesn't give me anerror code and crash, it just simply freezes and task mgr says PDR7 is running. I thought it might be an issue w/ trying to rendered the rendered file, so I tried to create w/o rendering but it does the same thing when it's prepping the files to burn. Abort in either produce or create takes hours to abort if it does it at all.

Oh, yeah, I am using version 2066 (or whatever the patch is). I really feel like I have wasted my money. I have read through the forums here and this seems similar to alot of problems others are having. Some of the solutions are unacceptable (using another program to burn! PDR 7 should be standalone!).

Does anyone know: 1.) What Cyberlink is doing about this and when we can expect a permanent solution?; 2.) Any recommendations that can help me?

Thanks,
Matt
Go to: