Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smart Fit
[Post New]
From the owners manual:
"The Smart Fit option automatically adjusts the bit rate to the best quality video file that fits exactly to the capacity of the disc you are using."

Well then, how come I have Smart Fit set as the Video Quality and 4849 / 4700 MB is down at the bottom of the main Create Disc page and I get the following warning when trying to burn?:

"The detected disk size is (4699MB) is smaller than the estimated production size (4849). Are you sure the disk is large enough to accommodate your production? Press OK to continue burning."

Not too smart is it.

M [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2008 16:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
HA! Classic!
[Post New]
I know this may sound odd, but I ignored this error several times and on each occasion the resultant files were smaller than estimated. The files ended up being just under the DVD capacity. Windows 7 - i7 860, 8Gb RAM, 2 x 1 TB HDD, GTS 250 1Gb Video