Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR7 Produce / Burn Problems
M [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2008 16:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am currently having some bizarre PDR7 issues. I bought the online version in September and it would crash every time I launched. Either it would crash just after launch or it would not launch at all. I would get an error message saying, "PDR7 has encountered a problem and needs to close." I went through customer support and got the usual canned solution-cycle (Uninstall, reinstall, etc.). I think customer support is in India.

Anyway, I upgraded my RAM to 4 Gig of DDR2 and the program launched and seemed to function. I am using video from my Canon ZR-850 MiniDV Camcorder. I have an older machine (Dell 4600 2.6 Ghx Pentium 4, INTEGRATED VIDEO CARD). OS is Windows XP 2000 Home Edition. Firewall is Comodo, Antivirus is ESET NOD32, also running Spybot S&D, and Spysweeper. I also have DVD Fab HD Decrypter 5 and Nero 7 (trial version) installed. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO DISABLE THESE IN ORDER TO USE THIS PROGRAM!

I captured and started work on my first video and the PDR7 was crashing frequently, I had to relaunch and sometimes reboot. It seemed to auto-save each crash though.

FFWD. I got my first video editied, transitions added, and chapters marked. When I produced it (I used SVRT), I lost me chapter markers. I didn't realize it until after I burned it w/ menu. It took forever to produce (2+ hours) and burn (2+ hours) the 3.5 Gig file. This is not acceptable, although there were 2 AVI clips in there also. I am creating MPEG 2 format DVD HQ files. Video quality was horrible even considering the inherent resolution of MiniDV.

Ok, FFWD again. So I am going back to re-mark the chapters and create chapter pages in the menu. Again, PDR7 crashes alot during editing but I could deal with it. It's not a desired SOP though. However, when I go to produce (even though the file has really already been rendered) it freezes at various %'s, it doesn't give me anerror code and crash, it just simply freezes and task mgr says PDR7 is running. I thought it might be an issue w/ trying to rendered the rendered file, so I tried to create w/o rendering but it does the same thing when it's prepping the files to burn. Abort in either produce or create takes hours to abort if it does it at all.

Oh, yeah, I am using version 2066 (or whatever the patch is). I really feel like I have wasted my money. I have read through the forums here and this seems similar to alot of problems others are having. Some of the solutions are unacceptable (using another program to burn! PDR 7 should be standalone!).

Does anyone know: 1.) What Cyberlink is doing about this and when we can expect a permanent solution?; 2.) Any recommendations that can help me?

Thanks,
Matt
Tomasz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2008 15:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problems , erlier i have used PD 6 . It was OK, but after update to 7-th version I do not know what sould I do (((

Regards
Tomasz

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2008 06:02

M [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is it possible that we are just going to have to accept that we just wasted money on this product with no hopes of it ever functioning properly? Have you looked through the forums? This is not an isolated issue!
Tomasz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2008 15:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I had no enough time to research the forum.FYI, I tought that it is problem with operating system ( i had similar problems erlier) . I am sure that system is OK. I have tryied install PD 7 on another computer. It was the same. Now I use PD 6. probably we have to wait for file with update PD7.Did you send a mesage to CyberLink ?
Regards
Tomasz
M [Avatar]
[Post New]
I haven't sent a message to customer support yet. After reading through this forum, I get the feeling that those that have taken this issue to Customer Support were not given a solution. It's probably a good idea anyway though. I have invited a senior contributor to view this post though. Hopefully, he willprovide us a solution or give some advise.
AndrewMare
Newbie Location: Bournemouth, UK Joined: Sep 14, 2008 17:43 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
You are not alone here, I am having the same issues. PD7 crashes all the time. Also after it crashes and I re-open my project, some of the clips are shown as black boxes and if you try and delete them, then PD7 crashes - all you can do is start the project from scratch. I'm busy re-installing to see if that will help
M [Avatar]
[Post New]
Andrew, please keep me posted as to if the reinstall helps. Although, I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 8 times.

I am hoping that Cyberlink comes up w/ a solution to this. It is too frustrating.

I will be posting any new info here. Hopefully, this will only be a temporary setback for all of us.
AndrewMare
Newbie Location: Bournemouth, UK Joined: Sep 14, 2008 17:43 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
No such luck , reinstall as expected had no effect. I have even down loaded other programs like Corel and Vegas but keep coming back to PD7 - the frustration is that sometime I get good results and then I hit problems again - at the moment , the only way I can get anywhere is to creat small clips of 4 - 5 min , with anything longer and I get poor quality and PD7 crashes - and when it crashes I have to delete the project and start again - not at all acceptable.
Fred [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2008 13:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Does this problem happen across both Vista and XP?

I've been running the trial version, and everything works great for me. I have a quad core 2.4GHz, 4GB ram, 125mb video card, running XP SP3.

The only problem I had was my trial only lasted 2 days. The final thing I wanted to test before I purchased was to burn a disc, but never tried before the trial ran out prematurely.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

Hope you all had a pleasant weekend.

what I'm going to do is send each of you a PM, get you to fill in a report and then take the issue from there.

I will likely ask you all to participate in seeing if we can isolate the cause of why PD is crashing on you - from your concerns posted here I'm going to assume you are willing and wanting to help find a fast solution. This task might involve installing a log reporting software when you use PD7 only.

Ok, I'm going to write those PM's to you. The reports are sent to R&D at CyberLink. I'd like them back within 3 days - by the 6th.

Dafydd

AndrewMare
[Post New]
Something else that I have just noticed is that if you right click on the clip in your timeline, you cn set your TV Format. when I checked a few of my clips, (all from the same Sony camcorder) , I found that some of the clips with bad quality where listed as progressive and the others as interlaced. PD7 will let me select interlaced for the ones listed as progressive but then just changes them back when I click OK , could this be part of the issue?
AndrewMare
[Post New]
Something else which is intresting is the if you click on the clip in the library and then press play on the preview pane I get a good quality picture, now if I drag the same clip onto the time line and play it from the, the quality goes out the window .... I'm sure this must be a setting of some sort. Has anyone else also found this?
Roger [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Sep 29, 2008 09:03 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I had similar problems with freezing/crashing until I installed the 2206 patch. That did not help with the slow produce/burn problem. I posted this

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4222.page

but no replies. I sent the same to "Customer Support"? and they replied

"Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
We understand your concern related with Slow rendering/burning.
Please note that it is a default feature as normally it takes time to burn the project and also increase some more free space on the hard drive and load all the files on the same drive. " Really helpful - NOT

If I want to burn a disc I have to do it overnight. Otherwise I can not use the computer for normal stuff like emails etc.

What to do next?

Roger G.
[Post New]
Andrew,

To improve the quality of the clip in the timeline, click on the icon immediately to the right of the fast forward button under the preview screen. This will display a drop down menu with three options - High, Normal and Low quality.

Con
Windows 7 - i7 860, 8Gb RAM, 2 x 1 TB HDD, GTS 250 1Gb Video
Dickflyfisherman [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: May 29, 2008 09:34 Messages: 197 Offline
[Post New]
Please fix the burn problem, that is just the most basic issue, 4 year old Sonic software burns flawlessly what is error eb02083?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 26. 2009 09:36