Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wow! Don't I feel like the biggest idiot in the world!

Thank you, Adrian, for so politely pointing out the obvious to me. I guess this is comparable to one of those "are you sure it's plugged in" moments.

Anyway, I'm very happy to say it was my own fault and that there is, in fact, no problem with the software upgrade. Now, on to editing my most recent footage of my new son.

Merry Christmas to all!
Robert: Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried all of that and have contacted support. They provided link to new installer that includes the patch, but even that did not resolve the issue. They've walked me through all the usual troubleshooting, including updating of graphics card drivers, but nothing brings back the HD output options. They are escalating my ticket, so hopefully a developer can assist me in getting this worked out. It is very strange behavior and I certainly hope they can help me get it resolved.

I'll post an update to this forum once I have some progress or hit a complete dead end.
I used to have many HD production output options before I patched to version 7.00.227c. For example, under the MPEG2 Default profile, I used to see

(HDV) MPEG-2, 720p
(HDV) MPEG-2, 1080i
BD 1440 x 1080
BD 1920 x 1080

Now, I only see

DVD LP
DVD SP
DVD HQ
SVCD HQ

I also noticed that under the AVC MPEG4 Default profile, I am missing the HD formats for AVCHD 1440 x 1080 and AVCHD 1920 x 1080.

It almost seems like it is no longer recognizing codecs for producing some of the output formats. Can anybody provide any insight? The software really isn't useful to me like this, and I'm hoping maybe I just did something stupid that can be fixed easily.

Thanks in advance for your time.
-Jeff
I had to bang my head against the wall several times before an obvious approach to resolving my site issues surfaced...try a different browser!! All of my failures happened while I was using IE7. I decided to follow the instructions in my confirmation email using Firefox, and sure enough, I was able to successfully reach the page that provides me with the download of my full (non-trial) version. Using my activation key against the full version that I downloaded was successful, and I am now up and running.

For those of you IE users having problems with the site (going in circles, pages not loading, etc.), my advice is to visit the site using Firefox.

For the CyberLink website developers who might happen to come across this post, I highly recommend some IE7 compatibility testing. It would be unfortunate for you to lose business due to silly technical problems at the point-of-sale.

-Jeff
Quote: Jeff,

Thank you for the details of what has happened to you. I have referred the matter (your posting) to the Head of Customer Support. You will need to contact them yourself http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html provide contact details, date, time etc

Keep us up to date as to what happens.

Thanks

Dafydd

Here is my latest update:

Either Dafydd's referral to my post was effective (thanks, Dafydd) or one of my attempts to submit an inquiry actually did succeed because I did get a response. However...

My response came as an email that included confirmation of purchase along with my order number and activation key. I attempted to use my activation key to activate my expired trial version of the software, but I was then prompted to select a "trial activation pack" that should be located on my local hard drive. Perhaps it's because my original order errored out on the final screen, but I don't recall ever seeing anything telling me to download an activation pack. I proceeded to follow the instructions provided in my confirmation email to view my order history, which they claimed would have a "Download" link. When I follow the link they provided in the email (below)

https://membership.cyberlink.com/english/membership_program/member_area/dr/dr_ENU.jsp

I get a plain white screen with nothing on it but the text "ERROR_INTERNALSYSTEM". Aargh

Ok, so next I decide to start from zero and clear all cookies and temp files and re-login to the Cyberlink page (running out of things to try here, can you tell?). I am able to log in successfully and reach the Members Welcome screen at

https://membership.cyberlink.com/english/membership_program/member_area/welcome_page.jsp

I try the "Check Order Status" link which leads me to a page that states "we are upgrading...blah, blah, blah" and provides me with the choice to click one of two buttons: One for purchases made BEFORE 5-Jun-2008 and the other for purchases made AFTER 5-Jun-2008. I click the AFTER button, naturally, and it leads me to the "Need Help?" page. This page has a bunch of links, one of which is labeled "My Order History", but merely leads me back to the members' Welcome page (that's useful). Of the other links, the two that seem most fitting for what I am trying to achieve are "What is my order status?" and "How do I download?" But guess what? Yes, they both lead me to the white page and the "ERROR_INTERNALSYSTEM" again.

So, needless to say, I appreciate the response from Cyberlink, but their support site definitely has some issues that have GOT to be causing them to lose business from folks like me that truly want to spend our hard-earned money on a quality product. Buying and installing the software really should be a pleasant and easy experience. I still really do want this software, so if anybody out there can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Oh yeah, one more thing to note: When I visit the "View My Registrations" link from the Members' Welcome screen

https://membership.cyberlink.com/english/membership_program/member_area/registration_history.jsp

I see the product listed, but I did notice that it states "Retail" as the Channel...seems to me this should say "Online" or something to that effect...just wanted to add that in case it helps.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help provided.

-Jeff
I share some of the frustration of the original poster. I just purchased (online) PowerDirector after trying it for 30 days. After making it to the final form in the purchase process, I got an error. However, my credit card still got charged! The bad thing is, I got no email with no key, and I get errors whenever I try to reach the store site to see my orders status. I tried to submit an inquiry, but that also errors out. Before anybody jumps on me and tells me it's my machine, I've tried this from 3 different machines, all with the same results. Perhaps the store site has just been having technical problems for the last 24 hours? Regardless, I will try again in another 24 hours, and if I can still do nothing (not even submit an inquiry), I'll have to call my credit card and ask them to reverse the charges.

I'm a bit frustrated, because I like the software, but the technical issues with the site is likely to lose them some business.
Go to: