Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing output options after upgrading to 7.00.227c
Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2008 00:09 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I used to have many HD production output options before I patched to version 7.00.227c. For example, under the MPEG2 Default profile, I used to see

(HDV) MPEG-2, 720p
(HDV) MPEG-2, 1080i
BD 1440 x 1080
BD 1920 x 1080

Now, I only see

DVD LP
DVD SP
DVD HQ
SVCD HQ

I also noticed that under the AVC MPEG4 Default profile, I am missing the HD formats for AVCHD 1440 x 1080 and AVCHD 1920 x 1080.

It almost seems like it is no longer recognizing codecs for producing some of the output formats. Can anybody provide any insight? The software really isn't useful to me like this, and I'm hoping maybe I just did something stupid that can be fixed easily.

Thanks in advance for your time.
-Jeff
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

I have Build 2227c and still have all the output options for MPEG2 and AVC MPEG4, can only suggest that your patch was corrupt.
Try uninstalling PD7, re download the patch and install again, if you still have the same issue, contact Tech. Support and ask to download the full version of PD7 build 2227c

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2008 01:29

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Jeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Robert: Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried all of that and have contacted support. They provided link to new installer that includes the patch, but even that did not resolve the issue. They've walked me through all the usual troubleshooting, including updating of graphics card drivers, but nothing brings back the HD output options. They are escalating my ticket, so hopefully a developer can assist me in getting this worked out. It is very strange behavior and I certainly hope they can help me get it resolved.

I'll post an update to this forum once I have some progress or hit a complete dead end.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Just for the record, have you made sure your aspect ratio is set to 16:9??, if it's 4:3 you lose those options.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Jeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow! Don't I feel like the biggest idiot in the world!

Thank you, Adrian, for so politely pointing out the obvious to me. I guess this is comparable to one of those "are you sure it's plugged in" moments.

Anyway, I'm very happy to say it was my own fault and that there is, in fact, no problem with the software upgrade. Now, on to editing my most recent footage of my new son.

Merry Christmas to all!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

It's what comes with increasing age (56), 5 children (18-27), grumpy, world weary and forgetful. I have to start every day by checking the basics, like "am I alive, is my aspect ratio 16:9, who is that old guy in the mirror?" etc etc

Have a good christmas.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.