Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No help, No money
Trenton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 23, 2008 00:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

after several tries to contact Cyberlink about my order (failed downloads) and the complete lack of response, I've decided to do the American thing: I'm calling the bank and removing the charges! I cannot understand how a company with such rotten service is even in business. Even the website gives me a log-in here, click here, log-in again here, click there RUNAROUND. I for one do not have the time or money to waste on a company that does not care about it's customers. After the fact, i found thousands of complaints about this company and it's products, including several lawsuits.
I wonder why the tech reviews don't include those tidbits of info.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Trenton, What a load of rubbish! The first time you post on this forum is to whinge, not to seek help or assistance, just to whinge!

You then proceed to spout off without source quoting, providing half truth factual inaccuracies to justify your own inaction.

While I sympathise with you, I don't appreciate your rant. Start taking responsibility for your own inefficiencies and learn how to navigate.

Dafydd

Quote:
after several tries to contact Cyberlink about my order (failed downloads) and the complete lack of response, I've decided to do the American thing: I'm calling the bank and removing the charges! I cannot understand how a company with such rotten service is even in business. Even the website gives me a log-in here, click here, log-in again here, click there RUNAROUND. I for one do not have the time or money to waste on a company that does not care about it's customers. After the fact, i found thousands of complaints about this company and it's products, including several lawsuits.
I wonder why the tech reviews don't include those tidbits of info.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2008 04:46

Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I must agree with Dafydd. Ranting in this fashion serves no purpose.

In fact, I vote this thread be removed. Regards,

Mark H.
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Well,
this money-hoarding American seconds the vote! Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Trenton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 23, 2008 00:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Perhaps as a follower of Christ Jesus i could have said some things differently. I truly regret that. But since Tuesday the 19th I've been around and around and have had only one reply from customer service and that was of no help at all. The folks at Digital River have absolutely no record whatsoever of my order and their "customer service" has not bothered to reply to my email asking for help.
Please forgive the rant. But I also think that being insulted personally was not a kindness either, nor was it helpful in any way. I've bought and downloaded software since the age of the Commodore VIC-20 and the 8088 processor running at 4.5 KHz. 8-inch floppies were some of my best friends. Heck, I was there when Al Gore gave birth to the internet (HA!). So, PLEASE don't think that I have done nothing and am clueless as to navigating my way around. The doing has been done and i'm at a total loss as to what else to do BUT complain in a public way. I'm being very honest when I say I have NEVER had such a horrible experience buying software. Please forgive my total disappointment in getting some kind of help here, too. Yes, I spouted off. But a human in need deserves far better than the insult he got here.
Thanks,
-t
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK,

The rant did you no favours whatsoever - it just wasted all our time, all you did was cause offence and get others irritated - including me.

A purchase online through Digital River would have resulted in:
1. an email to you
2. a proof of purchase - a pdf
3. a quotable purchase number.

1. The email to you would have included download links and your activation key.

2. The pdf would show the method of payment, be your receipt and your proof of purchase.

3. The customer purchase number is issued and is part of the email/pdf (I think) and when quoted to Digital River or Customer Service enables them to trace the purchase and to take action.

Please check your records - the email address you gave will have been where the information was sent to.

I recomend you contact Customer service and furnish them with the information which proves (they need that) you have purchased the product.
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

If you have instructed your bank as you've indicated to cancel the payment then you are NOT entitled to help and assistance. You also are NOT entitled to use the software as the transaction was broken by you.

Please contact Customer Support and explain the situation as you see it. I'm sure the reaction you received was more to do with lack of information than intent. They need the data to be able to assist - just as we do here.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 24. 2008 17:36

Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2008 00:09 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I share some of the frustration of the original poster. I just purchased (online) PowerDirector after trying it for 30 days. After making it to the final form in the purchase process, I got an error. However, my credit card still got charged! The bad thing is, I got no email with no key, and I get errors whenever I try to reach the store site to see my orders status. I tried to submit an inquiry, but that also errors out. Before anybody jumps on me and tells me it's my machine, I've tried this from 3 different machines, all with the same results. Perhaps the store site has just been having technical problems for the last 24 hours? Regardless, I will try again in another 24 hours, and if I can still do nothing (not even submit an inquiry), I'll have to call my credit card and ask them to reverse the charges.

I'm a bit frustrated, because I like the software, but the technical issues with the site is likely to lose them some business.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff,

Thank you for the details of what has happened to you. I have referred the matter (your posting) to the Head of Customer Support. You will need to contact them yourself http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html provide contact details, date, time etc

Keep us up to date as to what happens.

Thanks

Dafydd
emcee [Avatar]
Newbie Location: ghjhgj Joined: Aug 25, 2008 21:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I completely agree - there is no service in customer service. I've been navigating for the last 45 min trying to find a phone number to call with my problems. I wish I could call someone and ask them where I could find the number to call customer service. ugh

this should not be this diffucult. It seems I'm getting the same run-a-round; click here, submit this, query here - I PAID FOR VOICE SUPPORT !

this cyberlink crap sucks - definitely not worth this. anyone that asks my opinion on their products, I'll tell them to find the opposite of cyberlink, then choose that.

(then again, if your reading this on this forum, I'm probably preaching to the choir)
Jeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Jeff,

Thank you for the details of what has happened to you. I have referred the matter (your posting) to the Head of Customer Support. You will need to contact them yourself http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html provide contact details, date, time etc

Keep us up to date as to what happens.

Thanks

Dafydd

Here is my latest update:

Either Dafydd's referral to my post was effective (thanks, Dafydd) or one of my attempts to submit an inquiry actually did succeed because I did get a response. However...

My response came as an email that included confirmation of purchase along with my order number and activation key. I attempted to use my activation key to activate my expired trial version of the software, but I was then prompted to select a "trial activation pack" that should be located on my local hard drive. Perhaps it's because my original order errored out on the final screen, but I don't recall ever seeing anything telling me to download an activation pack. I proceeded to follow the instructions provided in my confirmation email to view my order history, which they claimed would have a "Download" link. When I follow the link they provided in the email (below)

https://membership.cyberlink.com/english/membership_program/member_area/dr/dr_ENU.jsp

I get a plain white screen with nothing on it but the text "ERROR_INTERNALSYSTEM". Aargh

Ok, so next I decide to start from zero and clear all cookies and temp files and re-login to the Cyberlink page (running out of things to try here, can you tell?). I am able to log in successfully and reach the Members Welcome screen at

https://membership.cyberlink.com/english/membership_program/member_area/welcome_page.jsp

I try the "Check Order Status" link which leads me to a page that states "we are upgrading...blah, blah, blah" and provides me with the choice to click one of two buttons: One for purchases made BEFORE 5-Jun-2008 and the other for purchases made AFTER 5-Jun-2008. I click the AFTER button, naturally, and it leads me to the "Need Help?" page. This page has a bunch of links, one of which is labeled "My Order History", but merely leads me back to the members' Welcome page (that's useful). Of the other links, the two that seem most fitting for what I am trying to achieve are "What is my order status?" and "How do I download?" But guess what? Yes, they both lead me to the white page and the "ERROR_INTERNALSYSTEM" again.

So, needless to say, I appreciate the response from Cyberlink, but their support site definitely has some issues that have GOT to be causing them to lose business from folks like me that truly want to spend our hard-earned money on a quality product. Buying and installing the software really should be a pleasant and easy experience. I still really do want this software, so if anybody out there can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Oh yeah, one more thing to note: When I visit the "View My Registrations" link from the Members' Welcome screen

https://membership.cyberlink.com/english/membership_program/member_area/registration_history.jsp

I see the product listed, but I did notice that it states "Retail" as the Channel...seems to me this should say "Online" or something to that effect...just wanted to add that in case it helps.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help provided.

-Jeff
Jeff [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had to bang my head against the wall several times before an obvious approach to resolving my site issues surfaced...try a different browser!! All of my failures happened while I was using IE7. I decided to follow the instructions in my confirmation email using Firefox, and sure enough, I was able to successfully reach the page that provides me with the download of my full (non-trial) version. Using my activation key against the full version that I downloaded was successful, and I am now up and running.

For those of you IE users having problems with the site (going in circles, pages not loading, etc.), my advice is to visit the site using Firefox.

For the CyberLink website developers who might happen to come across this post, I highly recommend some IE7 compatibility testing. It would be unfortunate for you to lose business due to silly technical problems at the point-of-sale.

-Jeff
cohenner [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Baltimore, MD Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:07 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Kudos to Jeff. His approach to dealing with (and figuring out) the problem proves that taking time out to think and work out the problem is time well worth spent, instead of ranting and raving and spewing incomprehensible stupidity. You are now a proud and happy owner of what I have found to be one of the best pieces of video editing software out there.

Cohenner David Cohen
Presented For You!
Analog > Digital Conversions & Video Editing
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I'm blowed, another tirade of stupifying crassness by a first poster.

Try asking for help instead of whittering on and showing yourself up to be a court jester!

Look up some information here

Dafydd

Quote: I completely agree - there is no service in customer service. I've been navigating for the last 45 min trying to find a phone number to call with my problems. I wish I could call someone and ask them where I could find the number to call customer service. ugh

this should not be this diffucult. It seems I'm getting the same run-a-round; click here, submit this, query here - I PAID FOR VOICE SUPPORT !

this cyberlink crap sucks - definitely not worth this. anyone that asks my opinion on their products, I'll tell them to find the opposite of cyberlink, then choose that.

(then again, if your reading this on this forum, I'm probably preaching to the choir)

emcee [Avatar]
Newbie Location: ghjhgj Joined: Aug 25, 2008 21:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
ok, first off - why does my location matter ?

would I have known better if I was from whales? or would I just have a God complex on a freakin message board. I've read your other posts, and boy - you're a real message board bada**

I have checked the board for answers - and found none

I paid for voice support - and got none

I e-mailed customer service - and found noone

but you're right, I'm ridiculus for not being satisfied. I'm just a newbie poster ranting.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm the Moderator of this forum.

I see you've continued with your aggressive stance.... and wasted time and others efforts.

Politeness and forum ettiquette!

Dafydd
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
emcee,

When thou art above measure angry, bethink thee how momentary is man's life.
Mediatations - Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus (often referred to as "the wise")

Roman Emperor from 161 to his death in 180

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm the Moderator of this forum.

I see you've continued with your aggressive stance.... and wasted time and others efforts.

Politeness and forum ettiquette!

Dafydd

Should we not ban those being overly agressive? Regards,

Mark H.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the input. I would "ban" but it can serve little purpose when we all can change our email address etc.

I could delete posts such as these easily, I try and allow freedom of expression and look for an underlying reason and hope that they calm down and realise.

When the rant continues - I'll delete... without recourse

In this case here I'm ready to delete.

Some people cant be helped and they cant help themselves.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 29. 2008 15:50