Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'd vote for cross as the default mode as it keeps the original total duration of the two clips untouched and hence avoids unwanted async (unexpected async for unexperienced users) of timeline events that have been (frame acurate) lined up on other tracks.

Having started with a cross transition, one can transform it into an overlapping one by dragging start/end of it to the left/right while at the same time keeping the total duration untouched.
Dragging both the start and the end of a cross transition to the right seems to automatically add the needed "leeway" to the first clip.
It might be a good idea to send a PM (personal message) to Dafydd Bevan.
Use the PM button to do so.
It might be a good idea to update drivers of you video board.
Happy end.
Thanks Dafydd for taking care of my problem.
It's sorted.
Thanks for taking care Dafydd.
I've sent you a PM with the info you asked for.
Much appreciated.
I also downloaded the trial before I ordered the product.
I got a serial and entered that in the trial, (I already did that prior to your much appreciated suggestion Peter ) so I have a working install of which I think it is complete and isn't missing anything.
Nevertheless, and even if the trial and the released version are identical, I feel like I should get a formal link from Cyberlink/Digital River to a download page and be able to DL a complete released version including the additional content pack.

BTW I wonder if any Cyberlink guy ever shows up on this forum.
I already filed a support ticket before my first post in this thread.
I received a confirmation on Monday morning saying:
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.
We are handling your question and will reply to you shortly.
It's now Wednesday morning here, so 48 hours after the confirmation and still nothing......
Quite a bit of a disappointing first experience with PD.
Bought PD8 48 hours ago, got confirmation and serial number by email. So far so good.
Also got a DL link to PowerDirector8_ContentPack.exe.
After executing this exe I am getting an error message from Digital River Download manager saying: The server returned an error response: 403 = Forbidden Aborting.

Anybody any idea as to how to download my copy of PD8 please???
Also, why is that download link named PowerDirector8_ContentPack.exe? This sounds like a link to a content pack rather than to the PD8 install file.

Vielen Dank Georg ... das war schnell.

...there is no automatic for the lenght of the music by mark bevor the video-clip.

This is not completely clear to me.
Does this mean that when I select a certain number of clips on the timeline (say 5 clips with a total lenght of 25 seconds), the Magic Music feature of PD is not able to automaticly make a sound track of 25 seconds?
Thanks again for the quick answer.
I now start downloading the trial.
I've been a Studio user for many many years. As Pinnacle stated that versions after 12 will no longer offer support for SmartSound Quicktracks, I am looking for another NLE application, with PowerDirector beeing a strong candidate for replacing Studio.
I have invested quite a bit of money in Smartsound music CD's that I want to keep using in my "next" NLE.
I read that PowerDirector versions up to 6 support the quicktracks plugin. It's not clear to me whether or not PowerDirector version 7 still does.
Anybody here with more information on that please?
I opt for version 7 because I need the HD features it has. I work with HD footage and need the BD burning and authoring features of PD7.

Go to: