Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does PD7 supports Quicktracks
[Post New]
I've been a Studio user for many many years. As Pinnacle stated that versions after 12 will no longer offer support for SmartSound Quicktracks, I am looking for another NLE application, with PowerDirector beeing a strong candidate for replacing Studio.
I have invested quite a bit of money in Smartsound music CD's that I want to keep using in my "next" NLE.
I read that PowerDirector versions up to 6 support the quicktracks plugin. It's not clear to me whether or not PowerDirector version 7 still does.
Anybody here with more information on that please?
I opt for version 7 because I need the HD features it has. I work with HD footage and need the BD burning and authoring features of PD7.

Q6600-2.4ghz-4gb - GF8800GTS-512mb - Win 7-64
Georg (VI)
Senior Contributor Location: Korschenbroich / Deutschland Joined: Mar 18, 2007 09:27 Messages: 1309 Offline
[Post New]
yes, it works still in PD7. They call it magic music. The differenc between Studio and PowerDirector ist only, that there is no automatic for the lenght of the music by mark bevor the video-clip. There is a trial of PD7 for testing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2008 03:43

Viele Gruesse Georg
[Post New]
Vielen Dank Georg ... das war schnell.

...there is no automatic for the lenght of the music by mark bevor the video-clip.

This is not completely clear to me.
Does this mean that when I select a certain number of clips on the timeline (say 5 clips with a total lenght of 25 seconds), the Magic Music feature of PD is not able to automaticly make a sound track of 25 seconds?
Thanks again for the quick answer.
I now start downloading the trial. Q6600-2.4ghz-4gb - GF8800GTS-512mb - Win 7-64
Georg (VI)
Senior Contributor Location: Korschenbroich / Deutschland Joined: Mar 18, 2007 09:27 Messages: 1309 Offline
[Post New]
yes - you must select the lenght seperate, but it is no problem. Viele Gruesse Georg
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
In the "Preference" window, you can set the Magic Music default length. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!