Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi all,

Thought I'd update everyone on this problem.

Cyberlink support have tried to work out what is causing these two problems but we have not been successful.

I think perhaps the problem is related to the hardware.

At least for the activation problem I went so far as to take a network packet capture during the startup of PHD.
I saw what could have been communication to a license server where (IIRC) an SSL connection handshake was completed and a data packet transimitted followed by some retransmits.

Even if I was right about this there's the inability to login to DZ from PHD which I didn't investigate so deeply.

In any case I have given up and I'm now using an old D54250WYK instead of the NUC6CAYH (that I wanted to use) which works fine both for activation, DZ login and in function (oddly enough give the fairly low power of both of these devices).

So the NUC6CAYH is now a media player and is not available for testing any more.

The question that remains is whether there is some strangness with the NUC6CAYH hardware that others might encounter or if the problem is unique to the device I have (note: I went so far as to re-install Windows 10 with a re-format to ensure a clean install environment and the problem persisted).

Ian
I have same problem with activation of Photodirector 8 after entering the 'key' I received in email. I tried re-installing PhotoDirector but the problem persists: the warning program will no longer work after 30 days. I also tried disabling the firewall but problem persists. Other programs can access the internet with no problem.
Go to: