Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble activating PhotoDirector 9
raven-au [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2011 22:15 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the activation of PhotoDirector 9.

After installing my downloaded package (from my purchase email) and entering my license I get a message telling me it can't activate the product and to check my internet connection.

Every time I start the program I get this same error message.

I don't think there's a problem with my internet and I don't think there's a problem with my device or router blocking the communication becuase I also purchased PowerDirector and it was able to activate fine.

I also can't set my DirectorZone login information, it always fails whereas in PowerDirector it also works fine.

I've loged a problem with Cyberlink support and I'm waiting for them to get back to me but, in the meantime, is anyone aware of a problem with the current version of PhotoDirector 9 and possibly a work around for it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2018 04:25

raven-au [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bump.

This is a bit of a concern.

I've had no respose from Cyberlink support for either of the two problems I logged.

If the activation problem can't be resolved by support then spending time processing my photos is a waste of time so I need to continue looking for a suitable Lightroom replacement but I can't do that until I can work out if support can help.

Can anyone help in any way please?
raven-au [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi all,

Thought I'd update everyone on this problem.

Cyberlink support have tried to work out what is causing these two problems but we have not been successful.

I think perhaps the problem is related to the hardware.

At least for the activation problem I went so far as to take a network packet capture during the startup of PHD.
I saw what could have been communication to a license server where (IIRC) an SSL connection handshake was completed and a data packet transimitted followed by some retransmits.

Even if I was right about this there's the inability to login to DZ from PHD which I didn't investigate so deeply.

In any case I have given up and I'm now using an old D54250WYK instead of the NUC6CAYH (that I wanted to use) which works fine both for activation, DZ login and in function (oddly enough give the fairly low power of both of these devices).

So the NUC6CAYH is now a media player and is not available for testing any more.

The question that remains is whether there is some strangness with the NUC6CAYH hardware that others might encounter or if the problem is unique to the device I have (note: I went so far as to re-install Windows 10 with a re-format to ensure a clean install environment and the problem persisted).

Ian

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2018 18:54

ldb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 23, 2020 23:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi all,

Thought I'd update everyone on this problem.

Cyberlink support have tried to work out what is causing these two problems but we have not been successful.

I think perhaps the problem is related to the hardware.

At least for the activation problem I went so far as to take a network packet capture during the startup of PHD.
I saw what could have been communication to a license server where (IIRC) an SSL connection handshake was completed and a data packet transimitted followed by some retransmits.

Even if I was right about this there's the inability to login to DZ from PHD which I didn't investigate so deeply.

In any case I have given up and I'm now using an old D54250WYK instead of the NUC6CAYH (that I wanted to use) which works fine both for activation, DZ login and in function (oddly enough give the fairly low power of both of these devices).

So the NUC6CAYH is now a media player and is not available for testing any more.

The question that remains is whether there is some strangness with the NUC6CAYH hardware that others might encounter or if the problem is unique to the device I have (note: I went so far as to re-install Windows 10 with a re-format to ensure a clean install environment and the problem persisted).

Ian
I have same problem with activation of Photodirector 8 after entering the 'key' I received in email. I tried re-installing PhotoDirector but the problem persists: the warning program will no longer work after 30 days. I also tried disabling the firewall but problem persists. Other programs can access the internet with no problem.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think your best bet would be to contact Cyberlink customer support directly from this page.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°