Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I suspected that SVRT not being so 'smart' has something to do with transitions leading to audio sync problems. See http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3533.page#13213. Unchecking SVRT did not solve my problem however.

I work for a living and don't have time to be a beta tester. Cyberlink did finally do the right thing and approve a refund for me. For that I'm grateful.

Thanks to all who attempted to help me. Good luck to you all.
This software is buggy. My production was extremely simple by anyone's measure but would not work correctly. See my post on chapter points shifted in time. See numerous other posts on audio sync problems, program crashing, etc., etc.

Cyberlink tech support is useless. They took 3 days on average to respond and provided no help whatsoever. Their solution to everything seems to be to uninstall and reinstall the program and/or disable UAC in Vista. It doesn't help. They even told me the exact same thing twice in a row.

The moderator of this forum had no input whatsoever.

The 30 day refund policy is not worth the 'bits' it's written on. I submitted a refund request per the purchase agreement at just under 30 days. Cyberlink / DigitalRiver didn't respond for 4 days, then denied it, claiming it was over 30 days.

This post will probably be deleted shortly, but I will spend my entire life joining and posting to any video editing forum I can find so that others will not waste their money on this bad software.

I installed the 1915 patch and it is no help. I burned to hard disk and the results are the same.

I was wrong about the amount of time shift. It was late and I didn't have the fortitude to carefully check the entire 1h 40m video.

All chapter points are early. The second one is about 10 seconds early and the 23rd is nearly 7 minutes early. In fact the 23rd chapter point takes me to the middle of the 21st chapter!

I only put 3 clips together and trimmed one. No transitions, no nothing.

This is bad.
Just a thought:

Could this be SVRT run amok? Your comment about previously trimmed video appearing under a transition in the production might indicate that SVRT is not re-rendering parts that it should.
Thanks for your replies.

I just read the 'audio sync issue' thread and it is truly frightening.

The only editing I did was to trim the end of the first of only 3 clips. The last thing I did was to add chapter points. The chapter points go bad from the second one, well before the end of even the first clip.

I will do the 1915 patch tomorrow but I've read it may introduce even more issues than it solves.

I'm beginning to wonder if I've made a terrible mistake in purchasing PD 7 Ultra. Like the poster in 'audio sync issue' I too bought it based on a glowing review and intended to use it to only clean up and archive a mass of family video. If PD 7 can't even do that then it's useless to me.

I should have tried the trial version first.
Captured 2 hours of Hi8 in 3 clips at 8 Mbit/sec MPEG2. Set clips end to end in timeline. No transitions. Set 24 chapter points in timeline by stepping frame by frame in preview window for accuracy. Created 2 layer menu with provided template. Burned DVD+R-DL at 8 Mbit/sec.

Everything worked great except on DVD playback chapter points are shifted in time anywhere from 2 to 30 seconds. Most are too early. Played back from DVD drive, from HDD, and on set-top player, all with same bad results.

Going back to the timeline or create disc preview the chapters are all where I set them and everything is fine. Please help.

PD version 7.1829
Vista32
Intel Q6700@2.66GHz
3GB DDR2
Nvidia 9500GS 512MB
640GB SATA2 RAID0
Go to: