Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dave, I am not an expert with this software, so Im sure someone else will answer this appropriately. However, a little tip that may help. When I want to try something to see if it works on any of my editing programs. I will save a backup copy under another file name and use that copy to try different things. If it does not work or corrupts the time and work involved prior to trying it, I still have the original under the other file section. Also, if you don't want to wait for a long rendering process, just to see it didnt work (as many programs when you cancel erase what you been doing), let it render for awhile and hit alt ctrl delet to start task master. If you end the PD7 task, you should be able to go to the file where you rendered part of it and it should be there for you to see. Then you will know if its working without waiting for a long time to see the whole thing. Again, make sure you have your original project backed up in case the program messes up your hard work.
Thanks Dafydd:

I have read some posts after getting this computer and the cyberlink dvd software. I dont usually do a whole lot of posting so I may not be on here a lot, but I do appreciate all the time you devote to this forum. I have read various replies by you and have learned a lot. It's to bad that some members. when they first join, seem to think that you are the president of the company and give you a hard time. Thanks for spending the time to help others with this software and for your reply. Gary
Your exactly right. I have had some programs that I loved and have read some of the most horrid reviews. I just bought a new computer and have Vista 64 bit so Im trying to find the right program all over again. Like I said the Video Studio 11 is a trial and if it doesnt burn a DVD I wont buy it. It did do a good job with the Sony mini disc and sound, something that Sony made impossible with their proprietary software. The original software wont work with Vista, or an earlier version of easy cd creator, in which I used to connvert the files to mpeg2, then burn them with other stuff. The reason I did that was because Image Mixer once wiped out my hard drive while I was burning a DVD. Why, I dont know, luckily I had it partioned and didnt lose much, but I was scared to use it the traditional way again. I just want one that does it all. Im about ready to buy a JVC or someother video camera with a hard drive as I think that would be the best way to deal with all these different variations. Man for all the money they make you would think they could solve this problem.
Thanks Bruce. Im still trying to find the best and easiest. I downloaded a trial version of Ulead Video Studio 11 and was impressed. It was the only one so far that would read my Sony Mini DVD disc, however, there was some problem in the burn process and it may have been something I did wrong. I dont understand why all the money that people pay for these programs, why they cant spend more time on the basic program and functionality vs all the pretty bells and whistles. Thanks again, Im going to trash the download. Gary
I want to try power director 7 (trial version). I downloaded it and before I can use it, it wants me to delete the previous version of power director which is power direct DE which came as a Bundle with my HP computer. As you may know there is no disc that comes with these new computers, so I dont want to delete the DE version as I might want to continue using it. My question is will this trialversion if I let it delete the power director on my computer, restore it back to the DE version? If not, then there is no reason to try it.
Go to: