Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 goal: create distinct video sections while hiding other sections
David [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2008 10:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This is not a chapter question, per se. I'm trying to figure out how to create acts in my movie one at a time, while completely hiding the other sections. For instance, if I have four acts, and want to work only on Act 2, I want those other acts to be completely gone.

Can I create each act as a separate project, and then cut and paste the acts together at the end? Or can it be done internally within the current software? I also want use some of the "magic" software on just part of my movie, but don't want to strip out all prior work. Again, can this be fixed by a new project cut and pasted?

Thanks for the help,

-Dave from Albuquerque
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2008 01:03 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Dave, I am not an expert with this software, so Im sure someone else will answer this appropriately. However, a little tip that may help. When I want to try something to see if it works on any of my editing programs. I will save a backup copy under another file name and use that copy to try different things. If it does not work or corrupts the time and work involved prior to trying it, I still have the original under the other file section. Also, if you don't want to wait for a long rendering process, just to see it didnt work (as many programs when you cancel erase what you been doing), let it render for awhile and hit alt ctrl delet to start task master. If you end the PD7 task, you should be able to go to the file where you rendered part of it and it should be there for you to see. Then you will know if its working without waiting for a long time to see the whole thing. Again, make sure you have your original project backed up in case the program messes up your hard work.