Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tony,

Thank you for the quick reply. I think I will have all cameras running the whole time for continuity.

You brought up the idea of using the PIP tracks. I had a question about the quality. If I put a video in the PIP track then re-size to cover the main video, does the PIP clip lose any quality?

Bill
I will be shooting a wedding in a few weeks and this is the first one I have done. I am not new to editing but I have never attempted to combine video of a single event from different cameras. My concern is the audio and syncing with the multiple views. I will be using 3 cameras, with one receiving the main audio feed from the sound board.

Does anyone have any tips or know of any websites that have good information on this?

I am using PD 7. Will PD8 offer me anything better for this type of work?

Thanks,

Bill
McLean,

I think you have the idea of what I was doing. One of the reasons I did it the way I did was that the clips would not stay in the order they were on the original clip. So I was not sure if I used Multi-Trim if I could then rearrange the clips to the order I wanted.

Does anyone know if my rendering time was lengthened by doing what I did? Would I have save time during rendering if I would have used many smaller clips?

Thanks for the responses.
I did a video which had just 3 video clips to use. The thing is that 2 of the clips were each 1.5 hours long. I was on a time crunch, and I was only creating a 10 min video, so instead of trimming out the video that I wanted to separate smaller clips, I would add the whole clip to the timeline then use Trim to get the section of the clip I wanted to use at that time.

I created the entire video like this (adding whole clip then use Trim to get the section I want). The question I had was that if I had more time, would it have been better to create individual smaller clips, or was it okay to add the large clip multiple times then "Trim" to the section I need?

I had some crashing, but it may have been the patch version I was on (2726). Just wanting the opinions of the forum. Thank you.

Bill

I am running PowerDirector 7 Ultra with the 2227c patch applied on 32-bit Vista. When I try to install the 2429a patch I get the error "Your System must have version 7.0 of Cyberlink PowerDirector installed and not the trial version". I double checked the "About" screen and verified that I have the full version which is registered and I was able to apply all previous patches.

Any ideas, or has anyone seen this?

Bill
It seems the problem is with .mov files. I first tried to convert my 60fps files down to 30fps using Super. I still had problems editing as playback was jumpy. I had to produce the movie to see what I had.

I then converted the 30fps .mov files to avi files and the problem is gone, even though the file size is almost the same.
Thank you for the feedback, Adrian.

I am hoping some others are having this problem, and maybe someone has found a fix. Or in the least, this can be fixed in a patch or next release (if it is a bug).

Bill
I have PowerDirector 7 Ultra with the latest patch applied. I am trying to use .mov files from a HD video recorder. When I try to view the file in the preview window the sound plays normal, but the video is in super slow motion. The sound will stop and the video will keep playing, very slow.

I have the computer to handle this. AMD Athlon X2 64 (2.2 GHz), 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD3450 w/ 512MB memory, Vista 64-bit.

Now before anyone cries foul on Vista 64-bit, I have tried this on my new laptop with Vista 32-bit, and I get the same results. I tried removing PowerDirector and reinstall with no improvement.

Is this normal, or is there something I can do?

BTW, I have tried AVI and MPG files and they are just fine. Before sending this message I tried smaller .mov files from my camera and they seem fine. The files from my videocamera are 1280 x 720, 60fps.
I had tried the trial version and then decided to purchase PowerDirector. The version I download with my purchase on 7/16/08 was 7.1829, so the new version is in the channel.
Go to: