Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Combining video of single event from different cameras
[Post New]
I will be shooting a wedding in a few weeks and this is the first one I have done. I am not new to editing but I have never attempted to combine video of a single event from different cameras. My concern is the audio and syncing with the multiple views. I will be using 3 cameras, with one receiving the main audio feed from the sound board.

Does anyone have any tips or know of any websites that have good information on this?

I am using PD 7. Will PD8 offer me anything better for this type of work?

Thanks,

Bill
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bill -

I can't tell you whether PD8 would do it better than PD7 - sorry.

Will the 3 cameras be running all the time? or will you end up with bits and pieces of clips?

Basically, if I were confronted with this, I'd place the video from the audio feed camera in the main track (I'm talking about PD7 - PD8 has more flexibility here) and edited (and muted) clips from the other two cameras in separate PIP tracks.

These could be shown in part of the screen (masked) or sized to whole screen (ie. hide the main video track) for different parts of the production.

Someone clever will be able to advise you better, I'm sure.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 19. 2009 14:23

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Tony,

Thank you for the quick reply. I think I will have all cameras running the whole time for continuity.

You brought up the idea of using the PIP tracks. I had a question about the quality. If I put a video in the PIP track then re-size to cover the main video, does the PIP clip lose any quality?

Bill
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bill,

You might like to look at this 30 min trial for some ideas??
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/608/the-shooting-season/

The main track is a "lilac" colour board - don't ask.

The forward camera is a Sanyo HD 1010 with external mic 720p 29.97 fps .mp4 in PiP2

The rear camera is a compact 640x480 25 fps .asf in PiP1

The third track is a 720p mpg rendered down to 320x176 25fps .mpg in PiP3

The main best quality audio was from the sanyo PiP2. The compact also had audio but was the track was muted.

PiP3 audio was left in but lowered.

With bit of manipulation/positioning the rear camera was synched with the main audio.

The final was produced to 720p mpg 4.3Gb, rendered to .flv 235Mb for upload.

Although the three PiPs are separate they could equally well overlay each other from time to time.

This was in PD8 but there's nothing that PD7 wouldn't do.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
AHA! My prediction was correct!
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Prediction-
That's what comes of looking up the a*** of a chicken into it's entrails and passing the doppleganger on to Carsten.

It's less messy reading tea leaves - or just guessing.

Cheers
Not so clever Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.