Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So is there going to be a patch sometime?
Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2008 00:22 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I've run across a few annoying issues myself (like with clip speed not saving - and resetting to 1.0x every time you reload the project - causing you to have to redo the edit every single time you load), and I recall reading someone saying that there should be a patch in late June addressing some of these issues - but I've seen nothing.

I really love this piece of software, but there are a few annoying glitches that could really use a little sorting out to make the whole thing a lot smoother and more reliable... Heck, once I had the program crash on me, and instead of just closing it actually deleted the project file and the backup so I had to restart everything from scratch (so now I literally go and make a manual backup to another folder every single time I hit save in the project).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08. 2008 09:45

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Patch, yes I'm sure BUT in the meantime you want to be video editing etc etc.

Please contact Customer Support and request the latest build of PD7 v1829 http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

State a reason.... your post content here will do.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 08. 2008 15:02

Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2008 00:22 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I'll try that - but out of curiosity, if there's another build that's ready to be sent to people who ask for it... Why don't they just release it so that all the customers can get it?

Or is it not actually quite ready yet, but they'll give it to people who ask for whatever purposes?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cant answer that... why not ask CyberLink?

I don't know the answer by the way... I thought I'd add this in case a conspiracy theory develops and ..... perhaps i shouldn't have done.... I could then claim a whacking great fee.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2008 15:55

russell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2008 17:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I did notice the Trial version has been updated as of 7/7/2008. I did not download it and try and install on another machine to see what version it is now.

I sent support an email yesterday asking for the new version but have not got it yet.

Russell

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2008 19:13

[Post New]
I finally went ahead I did what you suggested, Dafydd. I wrote the problem we've been having with the speed & also had to give my CD key to them & my system requirements. The day after, I got a response with the latest build! (Had to download the entire PD7 EXE file.) I installed the new version & had no trouble with the speed! Even the old projects where the speed bug had already taken affect were fixed!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Russell, I was advised the trial version had been updated to v1829 trial build on the 7th.

Pi, well done - good news to see everything is okay and you got the latest build (full version download from Customer Support).

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 10. 2008 05:31

[Post New]
I had tried the trial version and then decided to purchase PowerDirector. The version I download with my purchase on 7/16/08 was 7.1829, so the new version is in the channel.
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2006 07:28 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Just wondering if you can install the new trial v7.1829 over the v7 retail version with all the problems? Or should I uninstall then Install the trial then activate the trail version?
Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2008 10:53

Mark H. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina Joined: Jul 13, 2008 23:00 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I hope there will be soon as well.

Although the editing features are really fantastic, the final production leaves a bit to be desired in some areas unless you're producing 'smallish' clips for YouTube or some other website. I've got a pretty beefy Quad core system and continue to have problems producing in the methods I desire.

I've run across a couple of issues I've pointed out to Cyberlink Support. So far, I'm at the 'reinstall, increase virtual memory, turn-off other apps' stage of the game even though I've pointed out the module having the problem. One of the issues has been documented in this forum by other members as well.

Don't get me wring, this is pretty terrific piece of software. May have to find an alternative for publishing the final product though. Regards,

Mark H.