Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Used Power DVD 13 ultra happily for less than two weeks and then it starts showing "unspecified error 80004005" with a loading/buffering, after the buffering, bluray DVD still won't play.

Several communications with technical support with no progress. Had uninstalled and reinstalled; redownloaded the software...tested with BD Advisor, sent a report about my hardware compatibility with BD.

Using Windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit, since I had it worked for almost two weeks, I would rule out the possibility of incompatible hardware involved. There is no hardware failure because I can use Aiseesoft bluray ripper to rip the DVD with smooth picture playing (preview) at the same time.

What other solution is out there?

Is it fair to ask for a refund since the software is not working for me?

I found a solution that might work for you as well. The program needs administrator rights. Go to the installation folder, right click on the program (for me it was "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD20\PDVDLP.exe"), click on properties, click on the compatibility tab and check the "run this program as an administrator" box. Click on Apply or accept and you're done. I was able to play my bluray discs without any problem afterwards.
Go to: