Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
unspecified error code 80004005
Scope@10825 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Fairfax, VA Joined: Nov 17, 2013 01:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Used Power DVD 13 ultra happily for less than two weeks and then it starts showing "unspecified error 80004005" with a loading/buffering, after the buffering, bluray DVD still won't play.

Several communications with technical support with no progress. Had uninstalled and reinstalled; redownloaded the software...tested with BD Advisor, sent a report about my hardware compatibility with BD.

Using Windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit, since I had it worked for almost two weeks, I would rule out the possibility of incompatible hardware involved. There is no hardware failure because I can use Aiseesoft bluray ripper to rip the DVD with smooth picture playing (preview) at the same time.

What other solution is out there?

Is it fair to ask for a refund since the software is not working for me? Scope@10825 at the Cyberlink forum
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try re-installing Windows .net framework and MSXML?

Your registry cleaner may have been the cause of the error. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Scope@10825 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Reinstalling window for a PowerDVD bluRay player? That's not worth it to me.

However, I did restore the system using an image created before having powerDVD. It still shows the same error message after PowerDVD installed...
My PSU just went bad recently, wondering if that is part of the reason. Will see in a few days. Scope@10825 at the Cyberlink forum
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I did not say to reinstall Windows -. I said to re-install .net framework and MSXML? Which are Windows helper applications.

I they are corrupted you will have issues. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
[Post New]
hello, I am French, difficult to speak English, I use google translation
80004005 your error problem
solution that can work. be administrator, go to user account and change the settings of User Account Control
and never to warn me, restart the computer.
I do not know if you've solved your problem, try my method
write me, you found another solution?
Zing [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2013 00:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Your registry cleaner may have been the cause of the error. ZonG
Scope@10825 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Should I run CCleaner?
Any specific item I should check to clean?

As a side note, I do have the Aiseesoft BD player working fine but I really like to stick with PowerDVD since it is such acomprehensive media organizer, all my video, audio and phto are in one software.
Really hope to solve this issue, hate to give up this software for its incapable of BD playing. Scope@10825 at the Cyberlink forum
Scope@10825 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Another update, after reinstalling the software with Patch. The error message becomes complaining HDCP stuff.
First, it says HDCP is not initiated.
Second, after running the BD Advisor, it says HDCP is not BD Ready (see attached files0.
If I can get to watch BD DVD for two weeks with the same display card and monitor, how could it be suddenly "incapable of" playing BD?
Plus, it is still playing BD actually throught other software...

Should I get a paid version of CCleaner to clean the registry. I am not sure if the screwed up registry is located in the free or paid section of the CCleaner!! Scope@10825 at the Cyberlink forum
Scope@10825 [Avatar]
[Post New]
see attached
[Thumb - HDCP not initiated.jpg]
 Filename
HDCP not initiated.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
HDCP no initiated, required to run BD test
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
518 time(s)
[Thumb - HDCP not BD ready.jpg]
 Filename
HDCP not BD ready.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
the test result surprisingly not passed
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
503 time(s)
Scope@10825 at the Cyberlink forum
stevek
[Post New]
You seem to be picking and choosing the suggestion you like rather than selecting the ones that make the most sense.

Did you try the .net framework and MSXML re-installs before you uninstalled and reinstalled? Please try that before you go further.

.net framework is here (MS site): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
MSXML is here (MS site): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7434

Do as you wish but if a Registry Cleaner actually screwed up you computer, the use of another one might do some more damage. I don't know about CCleaner Pro. I haven't used it. I have used REVO uninstaller and REVO Uninstaller Pro (free trial). With that, you can search for a program name and it will search for all the registry items relating to that program and then you can delete them. If the program is installed, then the standard version also free version) can be used if it see that the program is installed.

I always suggest that the use of a registry cleaner is a last resort and should never be used periodically for maintenance. Many will argue that they don't cause damage but they do if they are too agressive. (Norton 360 is one.)

Another major solution to a good install is to have your antivirus turned OFF. Did you have your active?

Good luck.

PS Get someone to help.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2013 18:53

Scope@10825 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Stevek,

Thank you for responding, I'm not a computer expert and certainly not capable of deciding which solution makes "most sense". Just follow the more "familiar" one to try first.

I did uninstalled and reinstalled the two software you recommended but PowerDVD still gives the same error message.
Not sure what they did to the recent patch, like I mentioned in previous post. My problem "shifted" from seeing unspecified error code 80004005 to instructing me to run BD Advisor and seeing HDCP not passed message (on basic, the Advanced tab says all OK).
Not sure if Cyberlink decided to make the error message looks better doing this way.

Yes, running CCleaner does some "damage" to me before because I let it delete maybe too aggressively. Too many response through internet reading, a lot of them pointed to that route. Maybe I haven't found it, this time no "damage" seen so far...

Again, I appreciate all the responses here. You don't have to do it but you still spend your time to do it for others for free. You guys are amazing!!

Hope I can hear for ideas of solving this issue.

BTW, do I need to reinstall PowerDVD? When you said "reinstall", you meant on net frame and MSXML only, right? Scope@10825 at the Cyberlink forum
stevek
[Post New]
I did but since it still doesn't work, you have little to lose.

If you chose to uninstall/reinstall the program, use the free version of REVO Uninstaller, reboot, turn OFF your antivirus and reinstall the program.

How many times have you uninstalled/reinstalled the program. I don;t remember if there is a limit that would need to be reset by Cyberlink Tech Support.

[Post New]
Hi Scope, I board left a message at the top, do not touch the registry, do what I tell you is, it works. That solution can work. be administrator (Change your account type), go to user account and change the settings of User Account Control
and never to warn me (put the cursor at the bottom), restart the computer.
Windows 7 security prevents the storage disc loading. try. this problem is solved, I registered on this site just to help you
[Post New]
Let me know if your problem is solved by doing what I tell you to do
But putting all clean uninstall do not modify the original files, make a ccleaner, install and do what I told you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2013 05:47

Scope@10825 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please see the attached screen shot, I am not sure if this is the setting you meant.
But it still not working though.
[Thumb - Never notify.jpg]
 Filename
Never notify.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
512 time(s)
Scope@10825 at the Cyberlink forum
[Post New]
that's right , you have to change your account type (Administrator) ?
you have made changes to files? make a restauration of your windows before the first installation.
if that does not work , if you are near to install windows again . after
the first thing to do , go run CMD as administrator , write : net user administrator / active: yes
you have another administrator account , close the account active , activate the new account in User Count , deleted the account of departure,
do what I told you , what you have done, the image that you send me , it's what to do . if you edit files , it may be normal that it does not work.
your first problem was that the disc loading blocking , 80004005 error , these are errors that happens due to security winwows ,
it's like when you install a program , it said was an error xxxx0005 must run as administrator for this to work .
said me how to send picture here, I is not found , I'll make a tuturial with pictures to explain how to do from the beginning.
tell me how to send an image attachment .
it can help you http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html
[Post New]
good, you need to change your account type (Administrator) ?
you have made ​​changes to the files? do a restore of your windows before the first installation pwerdvd
if this does not work if you are close to reinstall windows , make a backup of your sys. after
the first thing to do, go run CMD as administrator , writing : net user administrator /active: yes
you have another administrator account , close the account active , activate the new account to the head of the user, delete the account starting
do what I told you , what you have done, the image you send me is what to do. if you edit files , it may be normal that it does not work .
your first problem was that the disc loading blocking error 80004005 ? , These are errors happens because of winwows security
it's like when you install a program it said was a xxxx0005 error must run as administrator for this to work .
I'll make a tuturial with photos on how to do from the beginning.

it can help you http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html your system What is your professional, Ultimat , 32 or 64 bit?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05. 2013 11:06

[Post New]
picture is good , you have to change your account type (Administrator) ?
you have made changes to files? make a restauration before the first installation de powerDVD
if that does not work , if you are near to install windows again, make a backup before . after install
the first thing to do , go run CMD as administrator , write : net user administrator /active: yes
you have another administrator account , close the account active , activate the new account in User Count , deleted the account of departure,
do what I told you , what you have done, the image that you send me , it's what to do . if you edit files , it may be normal that it does not work.
your first problem was that the disc loading blocking , 80004005 error? , these are errors that happens due to security winwows ,
it's like when you install a program , it said was an error xxxx0005 must run as administrator for this to work .
I'll make a tuturial with pictures to explain how to do from the beginning.
it can help you http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html your What is your windows?
[Thumb - 3.jpg]
 Filename
3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
414 time(s)
 Filename
1.bmp
[Disk]