Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Re mov files . .
It's possible that you don't have the QuickTime (QT) codecs installed, and without those any mov files don't work. It's an issue that every editor faced/faces: years ago, Apple discontinued support for the QT player on security grounds: they considered fixing hazardous bugs not worth the effort, and in consequence the US DoD issued a discontinue usage immdediately directive for the QT player. But that player also came with the essential codecs for .mov files, and those codecs were/are not subject to the security problem. And you can install the codecs without installing the player.

I've attached a wmv file on this topic I screen captured several years ago - it covers what happens in 3 editors (doesn't include PD) when there are no mov codecs installed, and when they are, and how to install just the codecs.

Thank you, David. Much appreciated.
Jim
Hello,

I have Quicktime installed and have previously used mov files with no problem.

Would QTlite be preferable?
Thank you for your help.

I think it may be possible that PD doesn't like mov files. I converted the ones I was editing to mp4 files and for the moment it seems to have corrected the problem. Let's see if that remains the case.

Anyway...Thanks again. I appreciate it.

My PD Version is 18.0.2725.0 and my SR# 200203-03
Quote The FAQs are the best place to start, and please provide us with the DxDiag report and exact version number of PD as described here.

If you have Auto save turned on, you should be able to recover your project:

My PD Version is 18.0.2725.0 and my SR# 200203-03
Hello Folks,

PowerDirector 18 Stops Responding Whenever I Try to Save a Project.

Can anyone help me? It's very frustrating. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Hello Folks,
My imported color photos are in black and white and not color.
Is this normal? How do I make them color?
Thanks,
JB
Quote That sounds like PD can't access the audio on one of the clips, or one of them was recorded at a much higher/lower voulme, or maybe there's something like wind noise or nearby people talking.

What happens if you import them all into the media library and try to preview them there? Do you hear clean audio with each one?

What happens if you place the clips on the timeline and preview there? Try Selecting 2 or 3 clips on the timeline and click on the Sync by Audio button. All clips will be moved to new lower tracks whether the sync was successful or not, so you'll probably have to scroll down to see them.

(Note: That's not what's happening in the MCD - chances are your missing clip is located off the right edge of the screen because it couldn't be synced).

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I figured out what my problem was. I imported the wrong take so it was impossible to sync all three files. Thanks again for you efforts.
Hello,
I import two camera files both with audio and and an audio file into my Multicam Designer.
All three files were recorded at the same time..
When I try to sync all three in Multicam Designer one of my camera files disappears.
This is true when I just import the two camera files without the audio file and try to sync them to one of the cameras.
Whichever camera is lowest on the screen disappears.
Can you please help me?
JB
Quote The MultiCam Designer will always make hard cuts every time you switch cameras.

Once you're back on the main timeline, simply set the default transition behavior to Cross, rather than Overlap from the Preferences | Editing window. That way, you're free to add transitions across the video sections without affecting the timing.

That did it! Thank you!
Hello,
After I sync my audio and video in the multicam editor when I then add transitions it throws off the sync.
Is there a a solution for this problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
JB
Quote I have no idea why you were able to import clips yesterday but not today. Are you at day 31 of your trial period (when many features become unavailable)? Are you trying to import the same clips, or ones from a different source? Here is a list of limitations of the trial version.

Because many people want to work with 4K clips or want to do things to test out PD that the trial version doesn't allow, you may wnat to buy the full version to really get a sense of how the program will work on your computer, and take advanatage of the 30-day money back guarantee if PD doesn't meet your needs or expectations.

Please be sure to uninstall the trial version first, as it's different than the main program and can't be updated with a valid license key.

Thanks for getting back to me.
Only 3 days into the trial period.
Same mov files as yesterday can't be imported.
I'll likely purchase the software and see what happens.
Thanks again.
JB
Hello Folks,
I'm experimenting with the trial version of Power Director 18 to evaluate a potenial purchase.
I was able to import mov files yesterday but not today.
Is this a limitation of the trial version?
Thank you for your help.
JB
Go to: