Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When Syncing Audio Files a Camera Disappears
jikaru [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2020 19:06 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I import two camera files both with audio and and an audio file into my Multicam Designer.
All three files were recorded at the same time..
When I try to sync all three in Multicam Designer one of my camera files disappears.
This is true when I just import the two camera files without the audio file and try to sync them to one of the cameras.
Whichever camera is lowest on the screen disappears.
Can you please help me?
JB

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2020 16:15

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds like PD can't access the audio on one of the clips, or one of them was recorded at a much higher/lower voulme, or maybe there's something like wind noise or nearby people talking.

What happens if you import them all into the media library and try to preview them there? Do you hear clean audio with each one?

What happens if you place the clips on the timeline and preview there? Try Selecting 2 or 3 clips on the timeline and click on the Sync by Audio button. All clips will be moved to new lower tracks whether the sync was successful or not, so you'll probably have to scroll down to see them.

(Note: That's not what's happening in the MCD - chances are your missing clip is located off the right edge of the screen because it couldn't be synced).

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
jikaru [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 09, 2020 19:06 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That sounds like PD can't access the audio on one of the clips, or one of them was recorded at a much higher/lower voulme, or maybe there's something like wind noise or nearby people talking.

What happens if you import them all into the media library and try to preview them there? Do you hear clean audio with each one?

What happens if you place the clips on the timeline and preview there? Try Selecting 2 or 3 clips on the timeline and click on the Sync by Audio button. All clips will be moved to new lower tracks whether the sync was successful or not, so you'll probably have to scroll down to see them.

(Note: That's not what's happening in the MCD - chances are your missing clip is located off the right edge of the screen because it couldn't be synced).

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I figured out what my problem was. I imported the wrong take so it was impossible to sync all three files. Thanks again for you efforts.