Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
With maths like that Dafydd you could solve the whole financial crisis thing.
Hi Ray,

Last time I had a go at rotoscoping I used Premiere to convert the video into a .flm file. I then imported the .flm file into Photoshop where you can draw on individual frames. A good understanding of Photoshop and Layers would be handy.
Hi Jed,

I now run my AVC MP4s through a program called MP4Cam2avi prior to importing into PD7. It doesn't change the quality of the file, but wraps the MP4 into an avi container. The other really important aspect it does is to ensure that the audio and the video are the same duration.
I discovered that nearly all my avc mp4 files straight off my video camera had different audio and video stream durations. I found this out by trying to join the files with a program called YAMB, which showed that in my raw files the audio stream was shorter than the video stream in the range of 5-25 ms (33ms is one NTSC frame). What MP4Cam2avi does is to either clip video frames when the audio stops or (what I prefer) to insert "silence" at the end of the audio track to make it the same duration as the video track. The program is very quick with no loss of quality.
Hi Lim,

I have experienced exactly the same problem, program crashes when you click on video/audio settings. The solution is not to click on it. If your rendering to divx just click on codec settings to adjust the output settings. Once your done, click OK in the divx window, click Ok on the AVI Profile Settings window, next, start rendering. The resulting file will be divx with PCM audio. To reduce the file size even more, you can import that file into Virtual Dub and convert the audio to MP3 without rerendering the video.

I have no idea why the program crashes when you hit video/audio settings, I've just accepted that it does.

Hope this helps

Mark P
Hi All,

Dafydd, same Mark. I haven't experienced dropped frames since 1995 with a FAST AVMaster, problem was the hdd. The files are drag and drop from the cam. No capture process.

1. I sent you a file, have you put it in the timeline and looked at the waveform at the end ?

Arturo, I too am converting hours of family footage, I'm converting to divx for storage on a 500G hdd I put in a PS3. I like the menu structure and ease of access on the PS3. I've already converted 50 or so Pal DV and DVCAM tapes with no problems, my sync problems began when I tried to edit footage of my new cam which is MP4 1280x720 29.97. I've never editted NTSC before, I'm in Australia (Pal), The footage you had problems with was it NTSC or Pal ?. I could be wrong but I believe the error has something to do with the softwares interpretation of 29.97 footage displayed in a 30 fps editing environment.

Mark P
Hi Dafydd*, Arturo and Steven, *[Edited by Moderator]

I too am still waiting for this audio sync prob to be sorted. Here is my experience so far.

I am editing golf footage, which is really great because you get a real spike in the audio waveform when the golf ball is hit. The footage I'm using is MP4 1280x720 29.97fps. I've dropped a raw 13m 50sec file into the timeline, the footage is full of golf balls being hit. The audio plays in sync for the entire clip, however:

At 6 secs the spike in the waveform is displayed 2 frames prior to the ball being struck. At 24 secs the spike occurs 6 frames prior...at 2m30sec the spike occurs 30 frames to early.

I then right-clicked the raw file in the media viewer, extracted the audio and imported it into the timeline below the raw file. The imported extracted wav waveform displayed correctly. This highlighted the problem as the displayed waveforms did not line up and the V1 waveform was out 5 sec at 13m 50sec.

It would appear that the audio displayed in the V1 is out 1 frame for every 3-4 secs of video.

Have a look at the audio waveform at the end of a long clip (the last few seconds/frames), the audio may play correctly but it just vanishes in the waveform display.

Now remember this is a raw file, I haven't even begun to edit. No wonder we're having so many problems with audio sync as the program gets confused with whats going on with 1 file.

Surely someone at Cyberlink can workout why the audio waveform is not displaying correctly and therefore fix the sync prob.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Dafydd,
The files in question are avc H.264 MP4 files from a SANYO HD700 video camera. They have a .mp4 extension. I do have divx installed.
I opened a new project, imported one file, played fine, however, when I imported that same file and put it at the end of the timeline that I'm currently working on, the audio is out of sync, if I split the audio, the audio is back in sync, this occurred with the native MP4 files and with a divx file.
Hi Dafydd,
As requested I downloaded build 1829. The audio/video sync problem is still there. I am editing golf footage and it looks rather odd as the golfer swings with the audio of the hit of the golf ball out of sync. Once again, if I split the audio from the V1 track, the audio is back in sync with the footage.

I have experienced the same video/audio sync prob. Did the same: deleted the clip from the timeline and reimported the clip-didn't work. I found by right-clicking on the video clip in the timeline and selecting split audio the video and audio got back into sync, don't ask me why.
Now if somebody can tell me why the audio gets out of sync in the first place that would be great and also why some audio clips seem to lose their link in the timeline. ie the audio clip shows up in the timeline, it doesn't play however, and there is no green tick in the media clip section, it is like the timeline has lost the path to the source file. This has happened numerous times.
Go to: