Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Construct a looping video?
Posse14
Newbie Location: Kalispell, Montana, USA Joined: Jun 25, 2008 16:22 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to be able to construct a looping video like a lower third in Director 7? I have been able to get close, but thought maybe somebody here could give me some more input on doing this? Thank You all for your help.

Willilam Bowser
Global Internet Video
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to be able to construct a looping video like a lower third in Director 7?

What do you mean by that?

I have used a 3d program to construct a looping video - which makes like a lot easier.

As you know a loop video is one that starts and finishes one frame from where it starts.

To achieve this you have to calculate the number of seconds you want to display, times, the frame rate and finish on the odd number. You have to do this or you'll get a "jump" at the end/start of the looped video clip.

for example:
PAL loop: 25 frames a second, 199 frames = creates a looped clip for me to use in a PAL set up (see url below).
NTSC loop: 27.97 frames a second, 239 frames = creates a looped clip for me to use in a NTSC set up (see url below).

How you create your clip is up to you of course.

Take a look here:
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/279/loop-video/

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 26. 2009 03:12

Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2008 07:41 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
With maths like that Dafydd you could solve the whole financial crisis thing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
ooops, I'll correct the "maths" - comes of copying the previous line.. ha ha.

In the project I used it was to make a start and finish point - I forgot it wasn't actually 10 seconds... ha ha ha ooops

Dafydd