Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm running PD7 and have been having problems using the custom menus. I've read/searched the forum and have not seen this specific problem.

When I burn a custom menu project DVD/folder successfully with PD I cannot create a DVD from the folder nor can I copy the PD created DVD; I receive read errors. I'm using NERO as my burn application.

HOWEVER, if I eliminate the custom menu from my project I can burn and then create/copy successfully using NERO. Has this problem been documented elsewhere.

thanks, rc
I had a similar problem with the Kworld device and PD 7 would stop the capture saying that I had copy protected video (my own home movies?). After a lot of research on the web I fed my analog signal through a DVD recorder to my Kworld device and solved the problem which was that my old videos were too noisy which made PD think they were copy protected. It seems the DVD recorder re-syncs the signal somehow and cleaned up the jitters also.
UPDATE: the read errors are being caused by the custom menu (I think); I burned the disk & dvd folder using the "no menu" check box and now am able to burn an error free dvd folder/disk.

some new problems: 1) burning speed has decreased by at least ten times; ran registry cleaner, cleared up some RAM, stopped some background processes; still very, very slow.

2) when I reload my project I get the "updating timeline" message but nothing appears on the time line? If I go to the create DVD tab I see that my project's correct space requirement is on the DVD status line and I can preview & burn. Why would my clips not be displayed on the time line?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks rc
Update from RC:

Jeff's fix worked for me (thanks Jeff). However, I had 6 items stacked vertically and I could NOT navigate to my navigation buttons which I had place below my 6 vertical items. I re-did the menu and stacked my items 3 high in 2 columns and then I was able to navigate down to my navigation buttons.

Another problem (I will search the forum) I'm having is errors burning from my image file using Nero (and also trying to copy the DVD disk that I burned with PD). I have some ripped audio in my video files - could that be the problem? I'll try it again after removing the audio track, but I'm burning lots of coasters.
thanks again, rc
PD 7.0.3017

I am having the same problem regarding the loss of highlighting after burning a custom menu (haven't tried a "canned menu"). The Preview works fine. I'll try the work around and see if it corrects the issue. BTW, you can navigate the menu if you keep track of your direction arrow clicks; you just can't SEE where you are on the menu.

thanks, rc
Go to: