Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Designer - Selection Highlights
Dutli [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2006 21:27 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Wondering if anyone is or has had trouble with the Menu Selections (item1, item2...etc), not highlighting after the video has been burned. This is only happening on custom made menus, meaning where I select a different icon or highlight color for the item, then a pre-desgined template. When its on the computer the highlight works fine, but after I burn and put on TV, I cant see what is being selected. Its very frustrating. Help if anyone knows a solution.

Thanks,

jo

I'm using (PD7 v.7.00.1915)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Dutli

That was a "feature" in that release of PD7. Update to 2206, I think it's fixed there. If not and you want to continue to use 1915 do this. I found this set of events will make the highlight menus appear on the burnt DVD.
1) Go to Menu Designer
2) In the lower right corner, left most icon "Select Video effect"
3) Go to the "zoom in" feature and select. Adjust sliders all the way to the left so you really don't zoom in
4) do the above to all critical pages of menu system
5) save template and burn project to DVD again

I know, sounds strange but if you follow these steps I think this will unhide the highlights of item 1, item 2...... when played on a DVD player.

Jeff
Dutli [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2006 21:27 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff - You are awesome!! I can't even guess how you figured out how to do those steps to get that to work, but it does!! Thank you so much. I will go up and download the update, so hopefully I won't have to do it again, but it was a fast fix, which is what I was looking for!!

Thanks again,

Jo
ChicagoFrank [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Chicago, Illinois Joined: Dec 12, 2008 14:50 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Fixed it for me too . . .

Version 7.00.2227c

Frank
Tony F. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Belgium Joined: Sep 14, 2006 17:14 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have this same problem too. I use PD7 version 7.0.3017. I will try the workaround. It's a shame that this stupid problem has not been solved until now.
When using PD5 I did not have this problem.
Tony F. [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Belgium Joined: Sep 14, 2006 17:14 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Update:

I have done the workaround and now I get while burning the disc (to DVD or to File) error code 80004005.

Since I've upgraded from PD5 to most recent PD7 I always get errors when burning to DVD (or DVD file).

This program is useless I think. Waist of money.
Even support at Cyberlink can't help me after different tips, suggestions, workarounds, etc...
Their final solution is to try PD8 and see if it works...

My god, I will go back to PD5 I think...
RC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2008 23:36 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
PD 7.0.3017

I am having the same problem regarding the loss of highlighting after burning a custom menu (haven't tried a "canned menu"). The Preview works fine. I'll try the work around and see if it corrects the issue. BTW, you can navigate the menu if you keep track of your direction arrow clicks; you just can't SEE where you are on the menu.

thanks, rc
RC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update from RC:

Jeff's fix worked for me (thanks Jeff). However, I had 6 items stacked vertically and I could NOT navigate to my navigation buttons which I had place below my 6 vertical items. I re-did the menu and stacked my items 3 high in 2 columns and then I was able to navigate down to my navigation buttons.

Another problem (I will search the forum) I'm having is errors burning from my image file using Nero (and also trying to copy the DVD disk that I burned with PD). I have some ripped audio in my video files - could that be the problem? I'll try it again after removing the audio track, but I'm burning lots of coasters.
thanks again, rc
RC [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE: the read errors are being caused by the custom menu (I think); I burned the disk & dvd folder using the "no menu" check box and now am able to burn an error free dvd folder/disk.

some new problems: 1) burning speed has decreased by at least ten times; ran registry cleaner, cleared up some RAM, stopped some background processes; still very, very slow.

2) when I reload my project I get the "updating timeline" message but nothing appears on the time line? If I go to the create DVD tab I see that my project's correct space requirement is on the DVD status line and I can preview & burn. Why would my clips not be displayed on the time line?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks rc