Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I had exactly the same problem and found some workaround:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3198.page

Quote: The problem is that the duration of music that is currently set on the menu is 15 seconds. I need to increase this time and yet I am stumped. I have looked (I thought) at all the buttons etc to be able to do this and no luck? I see where I can set the time for video thumbnails if I want them but no time setting for audio.

As far as I know, the duration of music menu is equal to the duration of music file that you chose. With 'Add background music' menu you can make it play constantly or add fade in/fade out effect, but I don't think it is possbile to make some music track longer within PD menu editor.
Here's more info about MOD files:
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=124055&page=1

Good luck, Jan!
Update...

I solved the problem somehow:

1) I converted my whole project into one MPG2 file.
2) I opened MPG2 clip as new project and added chapters.
3) I created motion menu.
4) I burned everything to file.

It works. No crashes. Unfortunately, it's time (and quality?) consuming solution.

Hi everybody!

I used to work with PowerDirector Express 5 and Power Producer 3 (I got both with my JVC camrecorder). These were great tools and I had no problems with any of them while editing and burning my clips, so lately I've decided to try PD7.

Unfortunately, I am unable to burn my project with PD7.

For the last few days I was working on some movie clip with lots of effects and motion menu. When I try to burn it, PD crashes at 7% (during motion menu creation). Here's what I did:

1) I uninstalled and installed PD. Now it crashes at 4% (always).
2) I removed all sound files and PiPs from the project. Still crashes.
3) I reduced the number of chapters (from 35 to 15). Still crashes.
4) I tried burning my project to file. Still crashes.
5) I tried burning 3xAquarium.mpg with my project motion menu. It works.
6) I tried burning my project without the menu. It works.
7) I tred burning my project with other motion menu. Still crashes.

It seems there's something wrong with menu burning. I can create and burn DVD files from my source clips. I can also create DVD menu (it works in preview mode), but I cannot burn it.

During one of the crashes I was able to see pop-up window: "Error code: c000001a".
Go to: