Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD menu burning problem
Bukary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2008 14:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everybody!

I used to work with PowerDirector Express 5 and Power Producer 3 (I got both with my JVC camrecorder). These were great tools and I had no problems with any of them while editing and burning my clips, so lately I've decided to try PD7.

Unfortunately, I am unable to burn my project with PD7.

For the last few days I was working on some movie clip with lots of effects and motion menu. When I try to burn it, PD crashes at 7% (during motion menu creation). Here's what I did:

1) I uninstalled and installed PD. Now it crashes at 4% (always).
2) I removed all sound files and PiPs from the project. Still crashes.
3) I reduced the number of chapters (from 35 to 15). Still crashes.
4) I tried burning my project to file. Still crashes.
5) I tried burning 3xAquarium.mpg with my project motion menu. It works.
6) I tried burning my project without the menu. It works.
7) I tred burning my project with other motion menu. Still crashes.

It seems there's something wrong with menu burning. I can create and burn DVD files from my source clips. I can also create DVD menu (it works in preview mode), but I cannot burn it.

During one of the crashes I was able to see pop-up window: "Error code: c000001a".

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 08. 2008 07:56

Bukary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2008 14:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Update...

I solved the problem somehow:

1) I converted my whole project into one MPG2 file.
2) I opened MPG2 clip as new project and added chapters.
3) I created motion menu.
4) I burned everything to file.

It works. No crashes. Unfortunately, it's time (and quality?) consuming solution.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Jun 08. 2008 07:55

Gretel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 10, 2008 20:07 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I cannot tell you how much frustration and anxiety I have felt trying to get one disc burned. I was able to capture and edit (apparently without any problems). I "produced". But, when it came to burning, it always crashed at about 40% with error a0000005. I tried burning with menu, without; mpeg1, mpeg 2. Nothing worked. Iwas able to burn the "aquarium" clip from the software library. I sent an email question and followed every step with no success. I paid $30 for "phone support" and only got snotty people who were rude and NOT helpful. I'm not stupid but I'm also not a techie. Isn't there ANYONE associated with this company who can help someone who desperately wants to convert family videos?
Dr. S. V. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2008 08:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently bought PD7Ultra. I could edit and produce a video without any problem. But when I try to burn the video with added 'menus', it crashed and gave me an error code 8007000e. What does it mean? Can somebody help?
Thanks
aurako [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 08, 2009 13:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have 8007000e. Cause of virus. Now DVD burn works fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2009 14:16