Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trouble making DVD's with PD 7
allan13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 12, 2008 09:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I completed my project and am tring to burn the DVD. Everytime it makes it to 8% Creating motion menu I get a windows error that states:
PowerDirector has encountered a problem and needs to colse. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

This also happens when I am trying to make Pip's. I can make one, but when I try to make a second one I also get this message. If I then close the program I can make another.

I sent this to technical support and tried their suggestions. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Changed the rich video settings.

Any thoughts or help that can be offered??

TIA
Bukary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 07, 2008 14:11 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I had exactly the same problem and found some workaround:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3198.page

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3190.page
Quote: Hey bud, it would have taken you less time to answer my question than to act like a smart arse

I've quoted your comments on this forum, where like now, you posted on someone elses Topic and this was your reaction to being asked to post on your own ongoing topic or a new topic.

Quote: Well I did contact support, their solutions were to jump through about a dozen hoops, delete programs and software, uniinstall, reinstall and shift blame everywhere except with their product which I refuse to do, I have Roxio 9 installed it works great, so Cyberlink should work too. Roxio also has a helpful COURTEOUS forum with knowledgeable moderators. The mods here want the customer to do all the work, their main goal is to push product!!! Not a good situation for the company, which does have fine products

Looks to me as though CyberLink have been trying to help you. Get you to carry out some simple functions to look at software that occupy the same "space" in Windows, use the same codec, the same write to disc drivers, eliminate possibilities, check graphic drivers - these hoops are problem resolving. YOU HAVE THE PC in front of you, we don't! It is little wonder WE are all exasperated with your inaction and petty strife making. The information, you plainly don't give is needed to ascertain the problem. There are examples throughout this forum. Perhaps you should have taken the time to READ them.

CyberLink I'm sure has attempted to help you. I think it is time you helped yourself and not expect others to give their time freely to you any more. Good bye.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2008 14:34

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Well it looks like you have many many unanswered questions on the forum, by various posters, some weeks old, yet you seem to be hooked on insulting me, now what exactly is the problem, maybe I can help!

"Hey bud, it would have taken you less time to answer my question than to act like a smart arse "

I've quoted DICK, it is an unsuitable line than needn't have been written.

This post has now been locked.
Sorry "allan13" for your post being taken over and if you wish please start a new posting.

This message was edited 13 times. Last update was at Jun 13. 2008 16:41