Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have the same problem with "video crop" which, according to the help file, uses the MM designer. The problem is, when you try to crop to and follow the subject, it decides on it's own run the the frame way beyond the subject when the subject changes direction. It looks stupid and there is no obvious simple work around.
Quote: Hi,

I've just purchased the full PD 10 Ultra and installed it on my PC. I've also applied the latest patch and content pack, however I'm getting a message on start-up saying 'Launch Rich Video. Rich Video is not installed on your PC. Click ok to install Rich Video'. I click ok and PD launches fine. I can use PD without any issues, however I was just curious as to why this message is being displayed?

I tried running PD as Administrator but it made no difference (thought it might be a UAC issue...)

The message goes away if you reinstall and INCLUDE smart sound. So, offering smart sound as an option isn't really all that smart.

since we're chatting, PD is a great program - thank you cyberlink.

I haven't found content aware to be of much use. My experience is the most simple features are the best. It's just not that hard to do this stuff.

Mike
Hi Barry,

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm afraid it doesn't work at all - it seems to be unable to NOT be duration based. There is no way to say, "I don't care how long this ends up - just take out the parts where nothing is moving." So, it's useless.

I went through this about a year or so ago. Tried to speak to technical support - got some guy that was so dense I thought he might be a computer spitting out nonsense answers. A shame really - fantastic program like powerdirector and no support.

Mike

(originally from Providence - like we were almost neighbors!)

The way I shoot video of me on my horse is to setup my camera on a tripod, zoom set to wide angle, and just ride. Than I use power director to first manually remove all the video where I'm not visible because I've ridden outside the cameras view. Next I decide which of the remaining video to keep, and then I use the incredibly wonderful "video crop" power tool to make it look like somebody manned the camera. Here's a sample of the finished product:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9HiXbp6FDM

Almost 100% of my finished video has gone through video crop. However, the most time consuming part of the process is removing the video in which nothing is happening because I've ridden into the "corners" to the right and left and close to the camera.

So what I would really like is a feature or even a stand alone program that ONLY takes out footage in which nothing is changing. I'd like it to allow me to specify what section of the frame to check for change. I'd like an option to tell it how sensitive to be, and how long to allow for no change before it cuts footage. I don't want it to make any other decisions - it doesn't have to worry about how long the finished video will be. It doesn't have to make a movie. Just take out the parts where I'm not in it, and leave everything else to me.

Thanks

Mike
Go to: