Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hey guys, I thought I'd throw another one out to you for good measure.

Here's what happens: I insert several (3 or more) JPG images into the Master Video track of the timeline. They are placed one right after another, for an image "slideshow" during the movie.

No transitions.

In the timeline, I select them all at once (click the first image, hold SHIFT, click the last image) and edit the duration from 5 seconds, down to 2 or 3 seconds for each image. Obviously, selecting all of them together and editing the duration for each of them in one single move saves lots of time. Especially, if you have 20 or more images.

I preview and all is well...UNTIL the next VIDEO clip starts to play: The audio from the clip is not heard from there on. For some reason, selecting the images and editing their duration in this fashion has some affect on the following video clips.

Now, if I go through and select each image INDIVIDUALLY, and edit it's duration INDIVIDUALLY, then the video clips thereafter are fine; the audio is there.

Weird, I know. Anyone heard of anything like this?

Whattaya think?
Hi Chris,
I'm kind of a newb here too, but I'm pretty sure someone may ask you to be a little more specific about the issue you're experiencing.

Do you mean that Magic Motion simply doesn't do anything at all? As in, you click the button and nothing happens at all? Or once you apply it, the results are not what you expected? If that's the case, what exactly DOES happen?

I'm not trying to be a pain, I just thought I'd mention that telling folks that something "doesn't work" can mean lots of different things. The more specific you are, the more likely someone might recognize the problem you're having.

Also, have you used the search function here to see if there are any similar posts for this problem?

Just trying to help out.

Thank you Mark, I'll check it out.

Since this project was pretty much complete, and I wasn't going to be moving things around much more, splitting the audio from the video was a pretty easy bandaid. I don't prefer it, and I'd like to know why it suddenly occured, but it worked to at least get the thing on DVD.

I appreciate the input.

I'm still planning on getting the project posted to Cyberlink when I get time. Of course, now that I'm going to try to make PD7 replicate the glitch, it will probably work flawlessly!

You said it about right. It detects changes in the "scenery" of a single clip.

It doesn't really break the clip into a bunch of separate clips, but it kinda tags the scenes so that you can insert them directly into the timeline by themselves rather than the entire clip itself. I hope that makes some sense.

Just experiment with it and see what you think.

Hi Dafydd,

Last night, I split the audio from the video just to make it work. I need to have this little project done by the weekend for a family gathering, so in my time crunch, I just did what I had to. I didn't think to save a copy of the bad one. Stupid me.

HOWEVER, I'll try to put things back and see if I can recreate the problem for them in the next few days.

I received your PM's and I'll do accordingly if I can get the problem to return.

Thank you. This software is pretty good, so I'd like to see them work out as many kinks as possible.
UPDATE: Software reinstall did not solve issue.
UPDATE: I found a discussion in another thread where it was suggested to uninstall/reinstall PD. I will try this.
Hey guys,

I'm still pretty new to video editing, so bear with me here.

I have been working for about 4 days on a project which is now about 30 minutes long. Yes, lots of MPEG-4 AVC clips in there. And yes, lots of transitions, mostly just fades. There's also quite of bit of text and music throughout.

Last night, everything was fine. I saved, went to bed. Today, when I opened the project, every clip was out of lip sync, just barely. Everything else seems to be lined up. okay, but the sound for the clips themselves are off.

I also rendered the project to MPEG-2, just to see if might be a preview problem, but it rendered with the lip sync problem still there.

If I split the audio from the track, it appears to fix it, but I would rather not go through and do that for the mulititude of clips in the project, plus that ties up my voice track which I use for some sound effects and stuff.

Does anyone know why this might have happened, and more importantly,
HOW TO FIX IT and keep it from happening again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Mine works. I have PD7 Ultra.

I having some occasional crash issues, but nothing more than usual with video editing software.
Go to: