Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clip Audio Sync Issue, PD7 Ultra, Vista x64
Jed [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2008 23:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys,

I'm still pretty new to video editing, so bear with me here.

I have been working for about 4 days on a project which is now about 30 minutes long. Yes, lots of MPEG-4 AVC clips in there. And yes, lots of transitions, mostly just fades. There's also quite of bit of text and music throughout.

Last night, everything was fine. I saved, went to bed. Today, when I opened the project, every clip was out of lip sync, just barely. Everything else seems to be lined up. okay, but the sound for the clips themselves are off.

I also rendered the project to MPEG-2, just to see if might be a preview problem, but it rendered with the lip sync problem still there.

If I split the audio from the track, it appears to fix it, but I would rather not go through and do that for the mulititude of clips in the project, plus that ties up my voice track which I use for some sound effects and stuff.

Does anyone know why this might have happened, and more importantly,
HOW TO FIX IT and keep it from happening again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Jed [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE: I found a discussion in another thread where it was suggested to uninstall/reinstall PD. I will try this.
Jed [Avatar]
[Post New]
UPDATE: Software reinstall did not solve issue.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jed,

The AV issue you're experiencing is a major concern to CyberLink.

Please could you provide your FULL project for testing by them. I'll PM you some information.

I don't have a fix... but the information you'll supply will help.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Jed [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Last night, I split the audio from the video just to make it work. I need to have this little project done by the weekend for a family gathering, so in my time crunch, I just did what I had to. I didn't think to save a copy of the bad one. Stupid me.

HOWEVER, I'll try to put things back and see if I can recreate the problem for them in the next few days.

I received your PM's and I'll do accordingly if I can get the problem to return.

Thank you. This software is pretty good, so I'd like to see them work out as many kinks as possible.
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2008 07:41 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jed,

I now run my AVC MP4s through a program called MP4Cam2avi prior to importing into PD7. It doesn't change the quality of the file, but wraps the MP4 into an avi container. The other really important aspect it does is to ensure that the audio and the video are the same duration.
I discovered that nearly all my avc mp4 files straight off my video camera had different audio and video stream durations. I found this out by trying to join the files with a program called YAMB, which showed that in my raw files the audio stream was shorter than the video stream in the range of 5-25 ms (33ms is one NTSC frame). What MP4Cam2avi does is to either clip video frames when the audio stops or (what I prefer) to insert "silence" at the end of the audio track to make it the same duration as the video track. The program is very quick with no loss of quality.
Jed [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Mark, I'll check it out.

Since this project was pretty much complete, and I wasn't going to be moving things around much more, splitting the audio from the video was a pretty easy bandaid. I don't prefer it, and I'd like to know why it suddenly occured, but it worked to at least get the thing on DVD.

I appreciate the input.

I'm still planning on getting the project posted to Cyberlink when I get time. Of course, now that I'm going to try to make PD7 replicate the glitch, it will probably work flawlessly!

ziggylulu [Avatar]
Member Location: Arnold,Nottingham,UK Joined: Jul 05, 2008 14:40 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Jed, It may be a bit late for your project, but I had problems over a four week period trying sort the lip sync problem out untill someone suggested that I Produced the finished project and UNCHECK the SVRT3 box
Hey presto it worked. Lip sync perfect everytime.
sjordi
Member Location: Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA Joined: Dec 03, 2008 03:15 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
UNCHECK the SVRT3

Hi,
But where is that check box? I have seen it nowhere.

I have editing a 2 hour movie and then directly went to burn the DVD, it's ways out of sync.

I checked the View->SVRT Information mecu but there is no such thing as a SVRT3 checkbox.

Should I first produce the movie to a file save on hard disc and then work with this?

my movie has no transitions, no effects. Just animated menus. That's it.

Thanks for any help.
(PD7, XP Pro SP3) __________________
Steve JORDI
Geneva, Switzerland - Portland, OR, USA
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2008 01:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I ran into the same exact problem as you described today, very frustrating. Nonetheless, the issue isn't just a problem with PD's production. The problem is visible even when playing back the video directly from the timeline in an unproduced project. The only solution I could find was to split the audio from the video. Strangely, if I recreate the clipped section "from scratch" by dragging it off the library and replacing the bad clip the problem doesn't go away. However, the same clip in a PiP track does not exhibit this problem. I'm running the 2227c patch, Vista 32-bit (not 64) and I'm not using SVRT anywhere in PD7 for this project. I haven't been able to find any other solution.