Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, I did try various preview settings, but it made no difference. Sure the finished video is fine, but editing is so difficult with all the stuttering. Just hoped there was an easy answer. I'll talk to my friendly repair man about updating my graphic RAM. Thanks for your help.
Thank you for your response

Operating system Windows 7.
Power Director vs 8.00.3022 SN VDE090925-03
Some clips were mpg files, some mov files - samples attached.
Problem is simply jerky editing playback making it difficult to see what further editing is required.
Anti-virus - AVG
Codec pack - K-lite
Other video editing programs - Windows Live Movie Maker.
Burning software - Nero, but I burned directly from Cyberlink. The finished video is not jerky - just the editing preview. There were no problems with burning or with the finished result.
DXdiag text for 32 bit and 64 bit attached as one file

My project playback is very jerky after adding transitions. It's a long project (about an hour). I'm running Windows 7 - 64 bit. I have a 1000 GB hard drive and 4 GB ram + 256 MB vram. My processor is 2.40 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q6600. Can anyone tell me what my problem is please.?

Thank you so much Carl312 and Jeff. You have been most helpful. I understand now that the navigation buttons are to access different pages, not different items on the same page. There are no chapters in my production, just titles. I was completely confused about what the navigation buttons were meant to do. In fact, I didn't even think of the possibility of having more than one page of titles. I now see the light. Thanks again for your time.
Thank you. I've attached 3 files. Hopefully they can be seen.
I have screen shots but not sure how to show them on this forum.
Thank you for the explanation. I was wondering though why the navigation buttons showed on the computer on the Template Modify screen, but not when previewed - just the Home button showing.
The DVD file is made up of three separate items. I imported them as MPEG files and then burned them as one Video_TS file. On the Scenes screen there are three numbered items together with their thumbnails. I find when I play the DVD on my DVD player I can access the different items by pressing 1, 2 or 3 on my remote control. But I thought the Navigation buttons should be showing so that I could use the direction keys on my remote control.
Some of my navigation buttons are missing on my Scenes page. The Home button is there, but the other buttons are missing. When I click on the template Modify button, the buttons are there but missing in Preview mode and on the burned DVD.
PowerDirector Version 8.00.3022.
Can anyone offer an explanation please?
I didn't want my DVD to auto repeat, but it does it anyway. When it's finished playing on my DVD player, it just goes to the beginning and starts again. I don't know what I did to cause this.
I've burned two disks now from a folder - one using PD 6 and one using the new PD 7. I did both in exactly the same way. I opened my video burning software, chose Video and then DVD Video_TS.

When the window opened I searched for the files - Audio_TS and Video_TS that had been saved to the folder.

In my burner software there was a disk icon called Video_TS. I dragged the saved Video_TS file onto it. It opened into several files in the right panel. I did not drag the Audio_TS file as I'd read somewhere on the Internet, that is was unnecessary. I then clicked on Burn and away it went. Both disks played just fine on my stand-alone DVD player.

I should add that I had added Chapters and a menu to the second disk and they were there as well.
I just downloaded the trial version of PD 7. The black interface doesn't suit me at all. It feels dark and gloomy and I can't see things clearly. Is there any way I can change it e.g. are different skins provided?
I'm having exactly the same problem with my movie productions hanging on scene transistions, particularly fades. But my problem is the same with all the software I've tried - Adobe Premiere Elements, Pinnacle Studio Plus and the Ulead editing software. I've only just entered the movie making field so I haven't used any older versions of PD - only vs 6. I like it best of all the software I've used, although Window Movie Maker would have been perfectly adequate for my needs if it had recognised my files and if I had been able to export in a format which would have enabled me to burn to DVD for playing on TV. I have a Panasonic hard drive camera so importing is no problem as I just connect it through the USB port and copy the files to my computer hard drive. They turn out to be MOD files which I believe are really MPEG files. No problem getting them into PD as long as I import the folder. PD doesn't recognise the individual files until they are actually imported and then no problem. So the only problem is the hanging, stuttering, jerky playback. Of couse, once the movie is burned to DVD and played on TV, there is no hanging, but it doesn't make for easy editing when you have this hanging problem. My computer is a laptop, about two years old with AMD Turion 1.8 GH processor, 100 GB hard drive, 1 GB RAM and 128 MB VRAM. Like Chris, I have many short scenes and all have transitions of some kind. Also, like Chris, I tried rendering. It gave me a slightly smoother playback, but not a huge improvement. Each time I use PD, I use MSCONFIG to disable all running programs and I make sure I don't have my screen saver going. I don't think this is a problem particular to PowerDirector. It seems to me it's a problem with movie editing. It doesn't seem to matter how good your computer is the problem still occurs. The only success I've had has been with WMM, but it has its limitations. Sorry I can't help, but at least you know someone else is having the same problems.
Patricia

Go to: