Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Navigation Buttons
waltonnz0 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2008 06:29 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Some of my navigation buttons are missing on my Scenes page. The Home button is there, but the other buttons are missing. When I click on the template Modify button, the buttons are there but missing in Preview mode and on the burned DVD.
PowerDirector Version 8.00.3022.
Can anyone offer an explanation please?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Which buttons appear depend on the content of your DVD.

For the Scenes button, you must have more than one chapter or more than one title.

The navigation buttons require that you have more than one page (Three chapters).

For the Subtitle button, you must have subtitles for DVD or BluRay in your project.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 17. 2011 22:34

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

waltonnz0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The DVD file is made up of three separate items. I imported them as MPEG files and then burned them as one Video_TS file. On the Scenes screen there are three numbered items together with their thumbnails. I find when I play the DVD on my DVD player I can access the different items by pressing 1, 2 or 3 on my remote control. But I thought the Navigation buttons should be showing so that I could use the direction keys on my remote control.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What controls you have on your DVD player remote is a function of the player.

PowerDirector creates the menus in the Create Disk module, you can not control what PowerDirector puts in the menus other than selection of the template you use.

Did you try the create folder option in Create Disk Module?

The create folder option creates a Audio_TS and Video_TS folder. In the My Video folder. Audio_TS is usually empty, Video_TS contains all of the content of the DVD. You can then burn a DVD from this folder using any disk authoring software. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

waltonnz0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the explanation. I was wondering though why the navigation buttons showed on the computer on the Template Modify screen, but not when previewed - just the Home button showing.
waltonnz0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have screen shots but not sure how to show them on this forum.
Carl312
[Post New]
I have screen shots but not sure how to show them on this forum.

If you use the PostReply Button at the top of the page, you can attach up to three files. You do that by clicking the Attachments button below the text box. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

waltonnz0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I've attached 3 files. Hopefully they can be seen.
[Thumb - ScreenShot013.jpg]
 Filename
ScreenShot013.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
239 time(s)
[Thumb - ScreenShot008.jpg]
 Filename
ScreenShot008.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
238 time(s)
[Thumb - ScreenShot011.jpg]
 Filename
ScreenShot011.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
50 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
237 time(s)
Carl312
[Post New]
Your Screenshot011 shows that you have three Titles Or chapters in your project.

The screenshot that tells what content you have is the Content tab in the Create Disk Module.

I attach two screenshots of a test of 5 titles in the Content of A DVD Menu.

First shows the content tab showing Page1 of the Scenes Menu. The Second is Page 2 of the Scenes Menu. you will notice the navigation arrows are present.

[Thumb - Test_5Titles_Scenes_pg2.png]
 Filename
Test_5Titles_Scenes_pg2.png
[Disk]
 Description
Page 2 of Scenes Menu. 5 Titles in Content.
 Filesize
174 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
239 time(s)
[Thumb - Test_5Titles_Scenes_pg1.png]
 Filename
Test_5Titles_Scenes_pg1.png
[Disk]
 Description
Page 1 of Scenes Menu. 5 Titles in Content.
 Filesize
173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
226 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
waltonnz0, in your case, there are no pages that you need to scroll to so the only navigation buttons that makes sense is “Home”. Here is why. I understand that you imported 3 mpeg files in the Create Disc module, so in PD terminology you have 3 “Titles”. Each of these titles could have chapters defined within, you have not mentioned if they do. The “Title/Chapter” page you defined, (ScreenShot008.jpg), shows your title template can have 5 items on it. Since you only have 3 of the possible 5 items defined on your template (ScreenShot013.jpg), no page fwd navigation key is needed as there is no page to go to, you only have 1 page with all 3 of your titles on it so the only navigation that makes sense is “home”, the ability to return to the root menu. The 1, 2 or 3 on your remote control, as you state, will select item1, item2 or item3, your 3 titles as you describe, which is correct, or use the simple arrow type keys on the remote to navigate through your 3 titles.

In your case, the navigation button will appear if you load 6 mpeg titles, in that case the first 5 would be on page 1 and you would need a page 2 for the 6th item. Hence the pages would need the navigation buttons. Alternatively, modify your template to only have 2 items, then you will get the navigation buttons as only 2 items can appear on the title page and your 3rd item would need to be pushed to page 2. Now navigation buttons are again required to move between the 2 title pages to display your 3 titles.

Hope that helps

Jeff

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 19. 2011 11:45

waltonnz0 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much Carl312 and Jeff. You have been most helpful. I understand now that the navigation buttons are to access different pages, not different items on the same page. There are no chapters in my production, just titles. I was completely confused about what the navigation buttons were meant to do. In fact, I didn't even think of the possibility of having more than one page of titles. I now see the light. Thanks again for your time.
Dave456
Senior Member Location: Youngstown, Ohio Joined: Oct 30, 2010 06:46 Messages: 280 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff,

That was a really good explanation of the Menu's, title's and buttons.....

Thanks a bunch,

Dave HP Envy 17
Win10 Pro (64-bit) Intel i7 Core - 4510U @ 2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB ram
PowerDirector 11 Ultra 64-bit ver. 11.0.0.3625
Cyberlink Power2Go Deluxe 7.0.0.1827
PowerShot SX40HS
Canon Vixia
Sam2099 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2013 07:14 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I posted the same question on the forum today but now wish I had seen this post.

The answers are very clear especially the reason for the navigation buttons and I will now be able to sleep in peace,

Thanks a bunch Carl and Jeff.

Regards Sam