Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
First Impressions - Good!
[Post New]
I love the black interface - that's in essence what sold me on the upgrade. I find it really makes the material stand out.

I tried out the two issues which had bothered me in PD6:

1. This was a rendering issue affecting AMD Semprons and I am please to see the fix given to me then has been successfully incorporated in to the new version. Full marks to Cyberlink.

2. I found trying to put fades in to audio painfully tricky in PD6 and am glad to see here too that they now seem to work better in the audio mixer control area.

However in the audio editor, the window for trimming says "Analyzing waveform for display" but in fact there is no display within the box. I am assuming there should be a graphic display of the music here, or am I mistaken.

There is also a hilarious typo in the Directorzone sign-in page. On the side that says "Yes" to the question 'do you already have a Cyberlink account' it then goes on to say:

Use the following account details to sing in...

I can just imagine Dafydd singing something suitably Welsh. Suggestions on a postcard, please!

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
waltonnz0 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2008 06:29 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I just downloaded the trial version of PD 7. The black interface doesn't suit me at all. It feels dark and gloomy and I can't see things clearly. Is there any way I can change it e.g. are different skins provided?
BradyB
Senior Member Location: Springfield, Illinois USA Joined: Feb 24, 2007 07:38 Messages: 153 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

I love the new interface. Very professional looking.

This version seems to be a bit speedier too. I am running it on the same machine I used for PD6.

The new HD features are amazing! We can now burn Blu-ray disks straight from the software.

Love it!

Brady