Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote No, I don't think so. And I wouldn't hold my breath that it will be in the next version, as it seems like 3D is being phased out again.

Dave

I see that feature on another 3d player software, so i'm asking myself if PowerDVD have this feature too, when playing 3D content.

thank you for your answer, i appreciate.
It is possible in PowerDVD to manually adjust parallax(divergence) during 3D content playing(videos/pictures)
, via keyboard shortcuts ? at least on amateur 3d content, this feature can be very usefull in some case. cool
Thank you so much for the information. It is very helpful.
It is possible (in PowerDirector 16 or 17) to add command line arguments for H264\H265 codec by editing Profile.ini ?
for exemple: "--qcomp 0.70 --me tesa --merange 16 --aq-mode 1 ..."

Thank you
NVIDIA 3D Vision Preview work great with this Update (v3424)

thank you
ok i fund a method to merge 2 images (Left + Right) and export-it as a unique 3D picture with PowerDirector 16/17. [This method include also adjusting the misalignment of the two images before exporting]

This method apply if you take 3D Stereo pictures, with 2 cameras (like with 2 x Canon Powershot cameras with SDM installed for synchronisation, which take 2 separate mono pictures Left & Right of the same scene)

Method#1 (So-So quality)

1 First import the Left and Right images on the PowerDirector timeline.
2. Apply the steps (1 to 6) descripted by: optodata (by applying apropriate resizing fit(squish in half horizontally the two images Left & Right) in PD "PIP Designer"
3. Close the "PiP Designer"
[Now, make sure the "3D preview" is not activated, it must be "Standard 2D Preview" if not, it will not work.]
4. Take a "Snapshot" and save-it as a .Jpg image
5. Import the saved image(.jpg) on PowerDirector timeline, right-click-on, Set Clip Attribute, Set 3D Source Format, Side-by-side format.
6. Enable "3D preview, Anaglyph Red\Cyan"
7. Then, open "PiP Designer" and disable: "Maintain aspect ratio" then , resize the picture (Stretch the image horizontally to fill the entire screen), then click OK.
8. open, "Fix/ Enhance" enable "3D Orientation" and adjust the 3D Parallax/Misalignement of the two images(Horinzontal/Vertical), then, close the window.
9. Take a "Snapshot", this will save your image with .MPO extension
10. Finish, NOW, PowerDVD or any 3D capable player can show it correctly.

Method#2 (Best quality)

HIGHTER QUALITY 3D STEREO PICTURES
How to make 3D STEREO PICTURE with PowerDirector16/17 and MS Paint, if you have 2 separate files (Left and Right images) from the same scene.

1 - open MS Paint
2 - click on "Resize"/Pixels/uncheck Mantain aspect ratio" and double the horizontally size of your picture: "3840 x 1080 pixels" if your Left side picture are 1920 x 1080p. (1920 x 2 = 3840 pixels wide)
3 - click on "PAST" (and import your Left picture in Paint), next, click again on "PAST" (and import your Right picture and align-it at the right side). Now you will have a 3D side by side unique picture, but missaligned.
Next you need to save-it as an uncompressed image (BMP format) and import-it in PowerDirector16/17 to edit the image missalignement/colors/etc.
4 - open PowerDirector and import "exemple.BMP" image, right-click on your image(on timeline) and Set Clip attributes/Set 3D source format/Side by side format, next click on "3D" icon(under your image) and select Anaglyph Red/Cyan.
5 - open Fix/Enhance, 3D Orientation, and adjust manually the image misalignement to avoid windows violation, adjust colors etc, next click on "camera icon - take a snapshot of the video" and save your image as a 3D Stereo MPO image.
Done.

For some reason, this method give highter quality results without visible quality loss of your originals (L/R) pictures, and the "3D Stereo Picture" obtained by this method is much more sharper/clear and have more depth.

I hope this will help cool
[Update, please see my next post , i fund a method to merge/combine independent L/R pictures and save-it as a unique 3D picture with PowerDirector 16/17]

Unfortunately this method only "work" for videos (by importing the Left and Right clips) and exporting-it with [Produce/Standard 2D] features.
For 3D photos this didn't work(by importing the Left and Right photos if you take 3D pictures, with 2 cameras) and try to combine/merge and save-it as a unique 3D pictures[MPO/JPG/JPS]. The only option for the moment is to export as video file.

Also with this method i didn't find how to adjust the parallax(of the Left/Right clip), before exporting the clip. [This feature is only available if you import native 3D videos/3D photos.]

So for the moment you need to export as it, then you need to import the clip and go in [Fix / Enhance, 3D Orientation, and ajust the Horizontal/Vertical slides for adjust the parallax/missalignement of the two frames of the 3D clip/3D photo]

Misalignement fix for the Left/Right image of Native 3D content
Thank you for the great explanations, i try by myself your method (with try and error i fund that we need first to export into 2D format [Produce/ Standard 2D] (not export into 3D format, if we export into 3D format we have 4 images at place of 2 side-by-side).

PowerDVD play fine in 3D, this file, by selecting "VR Glasses icon / 3D Source Format / 3D Side by Side Format"
It is possible to combine/merging two independent files L(Left Side) + R(Right Side), and export into a 3D SBS video/3D Photo SBS format with PowerDirector 17 ?

Thank you
Go to: