CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 16 Patch Update v3424 Now Available
Reply to this topic
PowerDirector Moderator
Contributor Private Message Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 548 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Members,

PowerDirector 16 Patch Update v3424 is now available.

Install this patch for enabling NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration with driver version 416 or above.

Note:
This patch is NOT for subscription version, OEM versions, UWP versions, volume license, or versions purchased via Steam.

Build Info:
Version : PowerDirector 16 Build number : 16.0.3424 SR number : VDE181119-02

Release Notes:
Updates PowerDirector 16 to build 3424

Adds support for enabling NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration with driver version 416 or above.*

* This update does not remove support for the NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration in the older VGA drivers.

Software Update pages:

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2018 05:49

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]
What an improvement! CPU running at 57% wth my old Nvidia GTX 640 playing along merrily at 40+%. Timeline playing at 1080P Full HD res

Big Thank you for this update cool I just want to edit. All this stuff with wires and magic is getting me down !!
Win 10 64-bit, Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost + 8GB Ram (could really do with more)
USB 3, 4TB external hard drive. Nvidia GT 640 GFX card
All work
[Post New]
Quote What an improvement! CPU running at 57% wth my old Nvidia GTX 640 playing along merrily at 40+%. Timeline playing at 1080P Full HD res

Big Thank you for this update cool

This is weird ! After I downloaded the patch, every ran smoothly. Now a day later, my GPU is running at what it used to, 15% with my CPU running at 80-100%. I've also had to reduce preview quality!
PowerDirector is the only program running at the moment.frown

Not sure what's happening. I just want to edit. All this stuff with wires and magic is getting me down !!
Win 10 64-bit, Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost + 8GB Ram (could really do with more)
USB 3, 4TB external hard drive. Nvidia GT 640 GFX card
All work
Sanubari [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 27, 2018 08:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am using the Steam version. How can I get the patch for Steam version?

I need the hardware video encoder to be enabled again for faster rendering video.
RussCRX [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 13, 2019 18:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, the Patch is available but it still doesn't fix any of the issues I have with rendered video being blank.

I see also that you still can't change the initial window size.

Cyberlinks customer support is a complete waste of time.

Will not be buying any more of their software
Reply to this topic