Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

In all, probably not important as OP has stated his desire to apply editing features incompatible with SVRT produce.

Jeff

Correct. Especially if you may run in P-LOG where heavy editing will be required. SVRT will never be used.

So as I suspected it is the PD software issue with my hw (AMD).
The GPU encoding improper bitrate was common for AMD GPU’s with certain drivers and for PD17 H.265 it was never resolved. CL said they would notify when corrected, I’ve never seen a patch mention it. Many past posts on it over many releases and also pleased AMD hardware users as high bitrates are not of interest to them. I've not recently seen this issue with PD and Nvidia hardware. However, since you are color grading, entirely a CPU processing task in PD, it often is of little advantage to have the GPU do the encode in that situation. Your bottleneck will be the CPU doing color grading, the encode is only a small fraction of the total produce time.
Jeff

I am running AMD RX480 so seems like I'm impacted.
Quote Optodata is an extremely lucky man here. The GOP pattern of IBBPBBPBBPBBP means there is only 1 keyframe (I) in every 13 frames that a left side trim on a clip will land by chance on that keyframe. As a result, SVRT is active and used here.

These 35 secs 4 frames test project is interesting. I already posted my results earlier in a pm. The H.264 SVRT of 18 sec. above is 20 sec. on my pc. See the attached screenshot for information.

Dk74 – The 5 to 1 file size ratio of GPU rendered versus CPU rendered clips you found has been reported in the past. I believe it has to do with the particular GPU and the driver used. 452 MB versus the 99.4 MB you obtained here. The GPU to CPU rendered clips can have a ratio closer to 1 depending on the graphics card and driver used.

Honestly I wouldn't focus on SVRT tests. My SVRT tests also showed almost no artifacts.

In reality you will not be able to use SVRT because of grading etc... This is where degradation happens.

I know that you saw that in your original testing, but that's not anything I've ever encountered. I wonder if somewhere in your testing you might have unintentionally changed the produce profile.

Only difference was to select/diselect gpu render. So no idea.
Quote It's getting late here, but I've produced 7 versions of the "testingRenderingV2" project, which is OP's 35 sec clip with a title at the opening 4 seconds.

The 7 clips are: SVRT, nVidia hardware encoding, QuickSync encoding and CPU-only encoding. I also produced the last 3 using H.265 with a 60Mbps bitrate for artifact comparison. All clips, projects and screen captures are in the OneDrive folder I linked to in an earlier post.

I truly appreciate the help here - honestly!

I'll check them out once I'm home.

Thank you.

Thanks, but that just has the plain clip, and not any of the edits in this image. Can you please upload that PDS file?

I'll send it to you once I get home. Basically the original pds contains white balance correction thats it - thus the reason you can't use SVRT i.e

No, that's waaaay too broad a statement. Also, you found that the bitrate seemed to have been overwritten, which will drasticaly reduce the visual quality. I can produce various options quickly and you can decide.

There got to be a reason why bitrate is getting overwritten when using GPU and degrading the quality. You didn't experience the same on your produce?

Yeah. I'll set it up as a packed project so it will work with your clip in my OD folder.

Uploaded to the OneDrive.

Bottom line it is safe to say that GPU rendering lowers the quality. Something that I was able to prove at the beginning.

I don't think we will be able to produce any better quality than what it is.

It bugs me that the artifacts are there. Many people may not even see them but it makes me crazy....(just me).

Well this is the final cut (after adjusing bits and removing gpu rendering)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP26KircHGE

Anywhere that you see black you can notice tons of artifacts.

No. You're lumping in all kinds of conditions and making an either/or statement. PD is very powerful, but using SVRT is actually a shortcut that bypassess all of that power because it's so much faster than rendering on even the most powerful hardware.

Feel free to look at any other editor, though. Maybe you'll find something that works better with your workflow, and maybe you'll find that PD is the best fit.

I love PD workflow but seems like I'm getting stuck on these artifacts.

I've got your 4GB clip now and have revoked the upload permissions. Anyone who wants to download a copy can do so from this link. If you want, you can attach your main project to your reply and I can put that in the same folder as the source clip so other people can test out your exact edits.

I'm happy to try producing it here to see what the output looks like using SVRT, Intel QuickSync, nVidia HW encoding or just my i9- CPU.

You mean you would want the pds file?
What about produce settings in preference?

https://ibb.co/nzvXPPN
So no matter how close you get with your custom profile (fps, bitrate, res) the artifacts will stay.

SVRT is perfect but you need to meet the conditions which in real life wont' be applicable because you'll be color grading and adding texts. i.e if working with P-LOG.

Seems like if cannot use SVRT the ONLY option is to disable HW encoding and GPU Rendering.

Honestly, just makes me thing if PD is just not powerfull enough?

Should I be looking at Davinci or Adobe?

OK. There's a chance that one of your edits has triggered the issue that tomasc mentioned, which causes PD to disable SVRT when it would otherwise be available.

The quickest way to see if that's what's going on is to save your project, then create a new workspace and drag just your source clip to the timeline. Type Alt + S and see if you get a green line instead of red. If that works, you can try removing edits in your main project one by one and see if you can get a bigger section of green.

If it doesn't work, at least you have the 97.5% work reduction profile. I'll let you know what I see if your clip successfully uploads this time.

The issue is the text and white balance adjustment to the video. Meaning its limitations

https://ibb.co/LJddS37

I also think the artifacts are much more subtle and almost eleiminated from this version. Here's a brief explanation of what Smart Video Rendering Technology does (when it works, properly)

SVRT is not available for the actual project - shows red (... and using profile with the project actually makes it worse than my custom - freezing :/

here is the screenshot:

https://ibb.co/8mC14vs

What are the settings for the 97.5% profile? You can click on the pencil icon and take screen shots of the pages. I expect that the bitrate will be near 100Mbps, and you should try producing to that to see how it looks.

Here you go:

https://ibb.co/wp8fPJ7

https://ibb.co/ctXY3zx

Lots of people are, but usually it's hard to notice pixelation. You've got a very clear example, which is why we'd like to work with your source clip.

You can try this link to my OneDrive account. Maybe your account has an issue like insufficient storage space, so this is another option.

Uploading the file to your OneDrive - creek starts at 30 seconds.

I also think the artifacts are much more subtle and almost eleiminated from this version. Here's a brief explanation of what Smart Video Rendering Technology does (when it works, properly)

yeah lots of limitations:
Adding a title or transition effectModifying the color of a video clipAudio profile does not match destination production profileModifying the volume of an audio clipMerging two video clips (clips within 2 seconds before or after the merged clips will be rendered)Splitting a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the split will be rendered)Trimming a video clip (clips within 2 seconds before or after the trimmed clip will be rendered)If the total duration of the production is less than one minute and any portion of the video requires rendering, the entire production will be rendered for efficiency reasons.
Here is the link again.

I think that Profile Analyzer gets the closest to original or equal.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmASekm8DZ8mgoxLFJOauO9tCUl6hw

I don't think I can't find the artifacts anymore.

Question is what SVRT does? Since I'm seeing it keeps selecting it as "fast Video Rendering"

Yeah, my 5-year-old i7-4770k system completely died last Dec in the middle of a long project, and I decided to get everything I could possibly afford to last me another 5 years (then I spent >$500 moreembarassed)

Right. I'm still running on 3770K

I have files >5GB on OneDrive, so I don't think you ran into a size limit.

I will try again. Maybe it was something on my end. I'll let you know.

Profile Analyzer on the Produce page, and see if it can come up with at least one matching producing profile. Ideally, there will also be one that works with SVRT, and that will quickly produce at the original quality if you're mostly just trimming your source clips.

Didn't know about this feature. Its pretty awesome. Seems like the "best Matched Format" showing as source 97.50% but all intelligent SVRT are RED. Not sure why.

Tried two programs but they still damange the file quality. I would need FTP.

Can't be its just me using PD17 with 4K videos. Anybody else able to reproduce the artifacts?
Quote You may want to use a free video cutter and say cut the 1st minute of the original and send it instead of the whole thing. Here is a list: https://filmora.wondershare.com/video-editing-tips/free-video-cutter.html . I would choose one that does not re-render only cut so it will be fast and be a small file size that covers the pixelated section we see in the produced.

Tried two programs but they still damange the file quality. I would need FTP.
ps. optodata - you have a sick computer configuration .....
Go to: