Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for helping me through this.

There's nothing more frustrating than producing a cool video and not being able to share it with anybody!

Oops, never mind, I found it, duh.

But, it seemed really s-l-o-w producing it in that, is it supposed to take a really long time in that format?

Thank you Robert, but I didn't see WMV9 HD as an option. I have the PD6 version, should I still have that option?
Thank you for the reply, I never got my original project to re-open, so I had to start over. But, got it finished!

Except, now I have a new problem, I produced it in MPEG2 format, and it's very large at 313mb, how do I get it smaller to send as a file or upload to my photobucket acct? I think it has to be under 100mbs.
It is 8:30 minutes long.

Should I have produced it in a different format?

Wow, now I am really bumming, last night, I saved the video I was working on, and closed out of PD6, and now I can't open my saved project, it says it has encountered a problem and needs to close at the same point each time it tries to open my project.
This stinks.

I do not believe I produced anything, I mean, that usually takes a while?
But, yes, it acts as if it's produced, the weird thing is, I had another song towards the end of the video, and it is still there and normal on the line.
It's just this one song I was trying to edit.

I am guessing I will probably not be able to figure out what the problem is, I am not all that computer literate when it comes to software issues.

Totally bums me out, I am very frustrated that I have such a hard time making video's, I have Vegas Movie + video, but that is so confusing, I never even figured out how to use it, PD was very simple to use, but seems unstable.

I am still listening if anyone has suggestions, thank you.

OK, so I added a music track and messed with it trying to edit the audio as far as trimming and fading, but now I can not see the track anywhere on the audio line, but yet it still plays the song and I can no longer edit it, or remove it, it's like it's stuck there, I can't even put a song over it.
I have tried locking it, unlocking it, and clicking on the eye icon, nothing and it's not the song I want now. Very frustrating since it may ruin my whole video that I just worked hours on.

Any suggestions as to what I have done wrong or how to remove the audio track? I tried right clicking and it doesn't recognize the audio track.

Thank you in advance.

OK guys, thanks for your input, it's apparent I am a total squid at this.

I guess I need to figure out how to save it to my hard drive in another format, I just followed the steps when creating it and figured it would kinda steer me in the right direction.

anyway tips on how to save it to my harddrive in another format? Told you I was a squid.

Thanks!

OK, so I made this awesome produced video using PD of my sons Odyssey of the Mind competition last weekend and I told all the parents I would host it on YouTube or something similar, but I can't get anything to let me do it. Youtube says it won't support the .pds format and the Sharemyworld or whatever says I had too many characters or something.
Also, I tried downloading a converter program and it did convert something, but it didn't convert all the music and titles that I had in it!
&$%*#@!

I am very frustrated and need guidance. The video is about 8 minutes long. I tried producing it to youtube using the PD producer at the end, but didn't work.

I think I have the 6.0 version of PD if that info is needed.

Any other suggestions? I found the converter software to be a bit confusing or over my head in terms of options when working with it and it was supposed to be one of the simpler ones, it was the SUPER one.

Thanks for all you guys who help answer all these questions over and over. Trust me, I have been trying to search your site for few days and figure it out myself, sorry for the lengthy post.

~Michele
Go to: