Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
converting .pds file to ?
Michele [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2008 12:57 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
OK, so I made this awesome produced video using PD of my sons Odyssey of the Mind competition last weekend and I told all the parents I would host it on YouTube or something similar, but I can't get anything to let me do it. Youtube says it won't support the .pds format and the Sharemyworld or whatever says I had too many characters or something.
Also, I tried downloading a converter program and it did convert something, but it didn't convert all the music and titles that I had in it!
&$%*#@!

I am very frustrated and need guidance. The video is about 8 minutes long. I tried producing it to youtube using the PD producer at the end, but didn't work.

I think I have the 6.0 version of PD if that info is needed.

Any other suggestions? I found the converter software to be a bit confusing or over my head in terms of options when working with it and it was supposed to be one of the simpler ones, it was the SUPER one.

Thanks for all you guys who help answer all these questions over and over. Trust me, I have been trying to search your site for few days and figure it out myself, sorry for the lengthy post.

~Michele
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michele,

.PDS format is just the project file created by PowerDirector...it is not actually a video file. Therefore it can't really be converted.

Anyway...what you should do is either Produce it as a Streaming WMV file and upload it, or use the Produce and Upload to YouTube feature again.

What exactly are the problems you are having when you try and upload it to YouTube directly from PowerDirector 6? Give us the exact details and I am sure someone here can quickly help you.

Dave
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Far as I am aware there is no way you can use the pds file. First produce the movie to a file on your hard drive and take it from there.
Michele [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2008 12:57 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
OK guys, thanks for your input, it's apparent I am a total squid at this.

I guess I need to figure out how to save it to my hard drive in another format, I just followed the steps when creating it and figured it would kinda steer me in the right direction.

anyway tips on how to save it to my harddrive in another format? Told you I was a squid.

Thanks!

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Michele,

No worries...it's ok...I like Calamari

All that you need to do this is in the Produce window. I would try and upload it directly to YouTube. The program has quite a few detailed steps on the UI you can follow.

The Help file (press F1 on your keyboard when in PDR) is quite help ful too.

Uploading to YouTube Steps below from the help file:

Uploading Video to YouTube
To upload your video to YouTube®, do this:

Click to open the Production Wizard.

Click and then on . The sign in and authorization options for YouTube appear on the page.

To sign into YouTube do one of the following:

If you already have a YouTube account, click the authorization button to login and authorize CyberLink PowerDirector to use your account to upload content.
If do not have a YouTube account, click the Sign up to YouTube button to sign up for a new account and then authorize CyberLink PowerDirector to use your account to upload content.
Click . The video details window is displayed. Enter the details about your video as follows:

Title: Enter the title of your movie production.
Description: Enter in a short description of your movie production.
Tag: Enter in several tags, separated by a space, that describe your video. Tags are keywords that people will search for on the YouTube site.
Video channel: Select the relevant video channel type from the available list.
Broadcast: Select whether to share your video with the world or mark it as private.
Click . The copyright disclaimer window is displayed. Select your desired profile quality from the drop down.

Read and confirm the copyright information by selecting the corresponding check box.

Click and then click . CyberLink PowerDirector will produce and then upload your video to YouTube. This process may take a few minutes

To ensure that all of your video clips have the same interlacing format, click Scan source video clips and set field order.
To stop the production process before completion, click .
To return to Edit mode after production is complete, click .

Good luck
Dave
TALICIA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 14, 2015 06:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having trouble converting the PDS file in CyberLink 10. I created a compilation of videos to produce on a disk and it won't let me burn to the DVD... I also purchased the upgrade so that it would burn but it still not working... everything that I've looked up says that its unable to convert a PDS file to another file (avi, wmp, pdf etc).... Please help me!
RonnieDP
Member Location: Durban. S Africa Joined: Nov 05, 2009 13:14 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
To the best of my knowledge, the .pds file is the PD project that contains your video footage from the PD timeline. This you see when you open the project in PD (File, Open project..), which you must do to see your video. Hopefully you have not deleted the video footage used to create the PD .pds project file. If the footage is in the timeline when you open the project in PD, you can click on create disc for burning, and the std dvd option is quite clear to select. But again, you must open the.pds project in PD first. This contains the video footage you want to burn to dvd. Then follow the prompts to burn.

Ronnie.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Jun 14. 2015 16:51