Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD6 - Help with audio track, pleease.
Michele [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2008 12:57 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
OK, so I added a music track and messed with it trying to edit the audio as far as trimming and fading, but now I can not see the track anywhere on the audio line, but yet it still plays the song and I can no longer edit it, or remove it, it's like it's stuck there, I can't even put a song over it.
I have tried locking it, unlocking it, and clicking on the eye icon, nothing and it's not the song I want now. Very frustrating since it may ruin my whole video that I just worked hours on.

Any suggestions as to what I have done wrong or how to remove the audio track? I tried right clicking and it doesn't recognize the audio track.

Thank you in advance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2008 11:11

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Michele,

You say you can't even see the audio track? Did you load into PD7 your pds file or did you by chance produce your clip and then load into the timeline the produced clip? A produced clip would intergate the music track into the video.

Jeff
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Michele
As JL opines, rightly so; try splitting the audio from video track PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Michele [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow, now I am really bumming, last night, I saved the video I was working on, and closed out of PD6, and now I can't open my saved project, it says it has encountered a problem and needs to close at the same point each time it tries to open my project.
This stinks.

I do not believe I produced anything, I mean, that usually takes a while?
But, yes, it acts as if it's produced, the weird thing is, I had another song towards the end of the video, and it is still there and normal on the line.
It's just this one song I was trying to edit.

I am guessing I will probably not be able to figure out what the problem is, I am not all that computer literate when it comes to software issues.

Totally bums me out, I am very frustrated that I have such a hard time making video's, I have Vegas Movie + video, but that is so confusing, I never even figured out how to use it, PD was very simple to use, but seems unstable.

I am still listening if anyone has suggestions, thank you.

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michele,

I know its a pain but I've got very used to uninstalling PD6 and reinstalling again when I have this type of issue.

Did you by any chance move any files (video/soundclips etc) around that PD might access? I have often appeared to have a problem after doing some 'housekeeping' or installing some update, particularly relating to .mov files and quicktime.

Maybe worth a try?

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Michele [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply, I never got my original project to re-open, so I had to start over. But, got it finished!

Except, now I have a new problem, I produced it in MPEG2 format, and it's very large at 313mb, how do I get it smaller to send as a file or upload to my photobucket acct? I think it has to be under 100mbs.
It is 8:30 minutes long.

Should I have produced it in a different format?

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michele,

Power Director allows many options for formats, try producing as WMV9 HD, standard quality, this will reduce your file size considerably. Then experiment with producing different formats until you satisfied with the quality.

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Michele [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Robert, but I didn't see WMV9 HD as an option. I have the PD6 version, should I still have that option?
Michele [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oops, never mind, I found it, duh.

But, it seemed really s-l-o-w producing it in that, is it supposed to take a really long time in that format?

[Post New]
It will take time as you are changing compression algorithms: every frame has to be re-encoded!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
When you go to Produce, you should have, as an option, Create a Streaming File, highlight the icon and click on the green arrow, then highlight WMV, the dropdown box will then give you all the available options and yes WMV9 HD is available

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Michele [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for helping me through this.

There's nothing more frustrating than producing a cool video and not being able to share it with anybody!