Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not necessarily, Jan. Check the video player you are using to make sure that it can handle mpeg2 files and not just mpeg. I can download a file from my JVC camcorder, change the file extension, and play it (with sound) in Widows Media Player (I have Win XP) with no problems.

If you still can't play it with sound, make sure you have all the current codecs for your particular player that you are using.

Hope this helps,
Jeff
You are right - the version that comes with the camera is not the full version. However, I have been in touch with customer help at CyberLink and they assure me that there isn't supposed to be an activation key for the "lite" version.

Apparently something didn't record correctly in the registry keys and they are trying to figure out what happened.

In the meantime, I have downloaded a 30-day trial version of PD6. I have to mess around with it some more before I decide if I want to keep it. The program itself seems pretty good, but I have to admit that this whole fiasco with the program locking up has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
It doesn't ask you for the key when you install. The program worked fine for 3 days and now all I can do is start the program and look at it. I can't import new files or do anything with the projects I already started. In the HELP menu there is a choice to "Activate PowerDirector" and when you click on it, there is a bunch of blank spaces where a 30-digit key number is supposed to be entered.

Hope this helps your understanding Donald. Got a solution?
I have been all over this website looking for the CD key to PowerDirector 5.0 that came with my JVC camera. I have a 16 digit CD key that is useless because it is not 30 digits as the program requires.

I installed it to my C: drive in the default directories so that isn't the issue.

You would think that the key would be a sticky-note on the forum or something?!?!

Surely there is someone out there who has a fully functioning copy of this program. Can you please post the key?!!!

TIA,
Jeff
Go to: