Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have been publishing YouTube videos for years and was wondering about repurposing some of my videos for Instagram Reels and Tik Tok.

I am sure that there is a way to change the aspect ratio and crop in PowerDirector to change the aspect ratio, (tips on this are welcome too) but I am wondering if anyone had tips on streamlining the process of cutting down the video length and still having a useful short video?
Quote Just select the black box with the white i on the clip and the feature you want to remove, like blur, and then the negative by the feature in the opened dialog box to remove.

Maybe just use the Gaussian Blur Fx on the clip and adjust the Mask Area to be say a rectangular box covering your personal data. You can also use keyframes to move blur box if need be.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff, that solved it.
I tried to add a motion tracker to blur some personal data on a video, but it jumps around.

1. How do I remove the motion tracker?

2. What is a better way to blur/pixelate personal data on a screen that doesn't move around?

Thanks
Quote Can you attach a screenshot and a sample of the file that is causing the problem?

Attached. Here is the file as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/85hk2ougek67i78/AAAxvt0VTpKG_7JSfEpXnjyia?dl=0
I use PowerDirector 15.

I have successfully edited about 10 videos in PowerDirector.

I use Zoom to record interviews with people. the Zoom interviews are recorded in mp4 format. I have successfully edited these interviews in PowerDirector 15 before.

But one video seems to create a dark video version in the beginning. At first I thought it might be a problem with the video intro I was using, so I stripped out everything, imported only the recorded interview, made a small snip at the front to remove the getting set up portion and then produced it.

The first part of the video comes out dark again. The original interview file isn't dark.

Any ideas?
Quote Hi CaptainTime -

Barry's right - you can't import Ae templates or projects.

I'm guessing your'e not an Ae user or you probably wouldn't be asking the question. If you were, you could render the template/project in Ae then import that rendered file into PDR.

Templates and projects would typically contain media - videos, graphics etc - that can be imported into PDR (without the effects applied in Ae of course).

Cheers - Tony

Not an Ae user so likely won't even be able to open the Ae template files to import the graphics. So I guess these kind of templates are useless for me.

Any suggestions as to where I can find video templates that will work with PowerDirector?
I was looking at some video templates out there and it seems a lot are provided in the form of Adobe After Effects files. Is there a way to import these into PowerDirector and use them?
Go to: