Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
<video controls="controls" width="300" height="150">
<source src="https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aq2CQHuajMPOgUi1-PY8Vks-t1JH?e=0JQJV6" />
</video>

If the import doesn't work, here's a link to the file I'm trying to show you: Sample file

As you can see, pictures roll in and out. It's those pictures that roll in I want to be able to zoom in on without changing their frame size in the look of the video. In other words, I just want to zoom in on the newborn in their arms, before the frame rolls out of view again.

I just saw you posted a reply, so I'm going to see what it shows. Thanks for working with me.
Quote The way I do it, I add the same video for track 2, in this I can do what I want, without changing the video for track 1
To zoom, select the video from track 2, Tools button, Crop / Zoom / Pan
If you are going to apply only to a part of the video, use Split at the beginning and end of the part.
Holding the D key click on the part and drag it to track 2
To do the same with image, capture a frame of the video, Ctrl + P keys, name and Enter
Right click on image, Edit image, Pa & Zoom

Perhaps it is better to use Pip Designer has many tools.

Thanks for your reply. Your solution (as I've tried still does not solve the problem. Maybe I haven't explained myself well enough. Picture track one as a living room with a big console TV set in the middle of the frame.
The only picture that will move or zoom is what is shown in that TV.
I want to hold the "room and TV" the same size, but I want to be able to show something on the TV and be able to have THAT picture zoom, pan, etc without changing the size of the TV from track one.
In other words, from the viewers perspective, they are just watching a TV and the picture on the TV is zooming and panning. The TV remains fixed.

Does that explain it a little better?
Hope I'm at the right place for seeking HOW TO answers.

I can create a PIP without issues. The problem I have is that I want to FREEZE the frame size and location of the PIP, but zoom in on the picture or video I'm showing within the PIP (i.e. minipulate the PIP picture without affecting the larger screen look and feel).

How does one go about doing this?

Thanks ahead of time for your efforts in helping me solve this puzzle.
Quote Hi Aerocanarder -

PDR, itself, can't limit file size to a specific value but you can do that by controlling production parameters. Video bitrate, framerate, resolution & total duration are all factors determining file size.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, mathematically, so - when size matters - I use a bitrate calculator to give me an approximate set of parameters. That little tool allows you to set the target file size based on the other properties & it calculates an appropriate VBR. I use those to customise a profile.

It's a bit more complicated than that because it's also affected by the format/container but a ballpark figure is usually all I'm after.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks, Tony. I'll try your calculator out. Seems like I'm asking for a feature that should be an option in PD. AVS makes a product that converts videos and does just what I'm asking. So, the means are out there to make this happen. Hopefully, it's an option that will be included in future releases.
I'm using PD17. With so many soical apps limiting the file size of a video. Is there a way to tell PD to, "Create a given format at the highest resolution possible, but you can't create the file larger than xxx size" ?

Put another way, I want to tell PD that I have a constraint of XXX on the file size for a MP4. I need PD to create that file at the best resolution it can, but make sure that file size--when done, is no larger than XXX size.

Is this possible? If not, what options does one have besides unlimited trial and error and lots of editing, to make this happen?

Thanks,

• Richard Peters

• Jessup, MD

One option, using Pip Designer, See the attached image
3 - Contrôle Scale, drag or type values if you want more precision.
1 - Time counter, you can enter value and Enter.
2 - Mark in the timeline
Toggle time and scala we can create a variable zoom.
Hopefully also, Erase effect in and Erase out

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try again.

- Aerocanarder
Quote Hi Aerocanarder -

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you define as a "non-linear zoom"?

Do you mean what the rate/speed of the zoom varies? Like ramping it up or down?

If so, you could do that in PiP Designer, as AVPlayVideo suggests, especially if you made use of the Ease In/Out feature for keyframes.

Maybe you mean something different.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

Varing the zoom speed is exactly what I had in mind. I just wanted it smooth. A nice sine wave type thing-- no noticable sudden changes in the speed of the zoom.

I'll have to check out the PiP Designer a little more. I've tried the Ease In/Out, but it's not quite what I want. But, I'll try again if this is the best we have.

Thanks for your suggestion.

- Aerocanarder
Does anyone know a way to do a true non-linear zoom, or even better, adjust the rate throughout the zoom? Thanks for your anticipated replies.
Go to: