Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Want to freeze frame of PIP, but zoom within the frame
Aerocanarder [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2018 11:39 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hope I'm at the right place for seeking HOW TO answers.

I can create a PIP without issues. The problem I have is that I want to FREEZE the frame size and location of the PIP, but zoom in on the picture or video I'm showing within the PIP (i.e. minipulate the PIP picture without affecting the larger screen look and feel).

How does one go about doing this?

Thanks ahead of time for your efforts in helping me solve this puzzle.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
The way I do it, I add the same video for track 2, in this I can do what I want, without changing the video for track 1
To zoom, select the video from track 2, Tools button, Crop / Zoom / Pan
If you are going to apply only to a part of the video, use Split at the beginning and end of the part.
Holding the D key click on the part and drag it to track 2
To do the same with image, capture a frame of the video, Ctrl + P keys, name and Enter
Right click on image, Edit image, Pa & Zoom

Perhaps it is better to use Pip Designer has many tools.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 14. 2020 14:27

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Aerocanarder [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The way I do it, I add the same video for track 2, in this I can do what I want, without changing the video for track 1
To zoom, select the video from track 2, Tools button, Crop / Zoom / Pan
If you are going to apply only to a part of the video, use Split at the beginning and end of the part.
Holding the D key click on the part and drag it to track 2
To do the same with image, capture a frame of the video, Ctrl + P keys, name and Enter
Right click on image, Edit image, Pa & Zoom

Perhaps it is better to use Pip Designer has many tools.

Thanks for your reply. Your solution (as I've tried still does not solve the problem. Maybe I haven't explained myself well enough. Picture track one as a living room with a big console TV set in the middle of the frame.
The only picture that will move or zoom is what is shown in that TV.
I want to hold the "room and TV" the same size, but I want to be able to show something on the TV and be able to have THAT picture zoom, pan, etc without changing the size of the TV from track one.
In other words, from the viewers perspective, they are just watching a TV and the picture on the TV is zooming and panning. The TV remains fixed.

Does that explain it a little better?
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
[Thumb - 1freeform.jpg]
 Filename
1freeform.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
365 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Dec 18. 2020 19:27

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Aerocanarder [Avatar]
[Post New]
<video controls="controls" width="300" height="150">
<source src="https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aq2CQHuajMPOgUi1-PY8Vks-t1JH?e=0JQJV6" />
</video>

If the import doesn't work, here's a link to the file I'm trying to show you: Sample file

As you can see, pictures roll in and out. It's those pictures that roll in I want to be able to zoom in on without changing their frame size in the look of the video. In other words, I just want to zoom in on the newborn in their arms, before the frame rolls out of view again.

I just saw you posted a reply, so I'm going to see what it shows. Thanks for working with me.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the sample clip. It's easy enough to do what you're asking and AVPlayVidoe's steps will do the trick, but I'm sure it would help to see the steps rather than read through the process

You may also want to consider what to do when the photo spins off of the screen. One option would be to zoom back to the original image and let that go flying away, but you can also leave the image zoomed in when it's time to go. Either way, you may want to adjust the timing so your audience can watch the zooming in without being rushed into the next image.

If you'd care to share that same section of your project, one of us can show you the exact steps to zoom in, and frankly that would be a lot easier than recreating everything from scratch.

To do that, remove all unnecessary clips then use Pack Project Materials... under PD's File menu and save everything to the same OneDrive folder. If you only shared the sample file, you'll need to share the folder instead.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The problem I have is that I want to FREEZE the frame size and location of the PIP, but zoom in on the picture or video I'm showing within the PIP (i.e. minipulate the PIP picture without affecting the larger screen look and feel).

I just tried this using 4 tracks in this order: 1. Wood wall background. 2. Transparent Television image. 3. Overlay video is placed on the TV screen. 4. Sample image zoomed in using the Pan & Zoom tool. Transitioned that sample image into the TV screen and after a few seconds then transitioned it out using the PiP Designer. The border is applied with the PiP Designer tool.

See the attached video. AVplayVideo tool suggestions are used here.
 Filename
Aerocanarder.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
PiP image transition in, Freeze the frame size and location. Zoom in on the face. After a few seconds, transition the image back to where it came from.
 Filesize
3599 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
125 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 18. 2020 19:43