Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks to everyone for their responses! Got very busy in my life after posting this querry, and just now trying to get up to speed on the answers.

Btw, I do want for all the photos I use to always zoom very slowly from the center. That is a constant throughout the video.

Using the method I posted that I have tried, I feel like I'm almost there. I must simply be overlooking a step. Here's a recap:

1) I select "fx" aka "Effects Room" on lefthand column menu.

2) Click and drag "Zoom in" onto the photo in the timeline (which I guess is basically a video clip since it runs for a duration of time in the video).

3) Click the "Effect" button on the menu row in the lower middle of the user interface.

4) There appears two sliders, one for "height" and one for "width." I want for the dimensions of the picture to remain constant, so I select the same value for both height and width. As mentioned, the pictures I'm inserting into the timeline are essentially videos, I guess, in the sense that they run as part of the movie for however many seconds I select for each within the timeline.

In any event, whatever value I enter for the height and width zoom, I don't actually see any zoom taking place when I select "play" to see how the effect looks for the duration of time that the photo (i.e., video clip of the photo) is displayed in the timeline.

I must be overlooking a step. What further do I need to do?

Edit: Okay, I think I've got it now. I had to open "keyframe." Then I set the sliders at zero for the start and entered a value of 4 or 5 at the end for a duration of around 10 seconds. That results in the very slow and slight zoom that I'm looking for.
Okay, making progress: I can see that under Effects I can drag "zoom in" onto a photo, but the default setting for how fast and how much the zoom occurs is too fast/too much for what I want. Still a little lost as to how to just have the zoom occur very slightly, barely perceptibly. I.e., how to adjust the zoom speed and amount.
I'm sure this is just something simple I'm overlooking, but for photos that run in the video track behind the narration in a video I would like to have the option for them to gradually and very slightly zoom, just to add a little more visual interest. I'm not seeing how to select that effect. Will be very grateful if someone can explain how to do it. Thanking you in advance!
Quote I use MUTE and never noticed fault, I also use unlink audio from video and delete only audio.

Also lower the volume directly on the audio track, select the audio drag the audio line down (0)

Now that you pointed it out, there it is staring me in the face! Thanks! laughing
Working on a film analysis video:

I have three tracks

• video (capture clips, graphic stills, titles, etc.)

• background music

• vocal narration

When I wish to have no background music or narration, and just want to show a clip, I run video in the main video track.

But I have another video track as well for when I just want to display video from a clip, sans audio, and run the music track and narration over the clip. So it's actually two different video tracks, I just alternate between them. Hope that makes sense.

I want to be able to just turn off the audio entirely for the video track so that just the video displays but sound for it is muted. The problem is that when I select "Mute Clip" I can still hear a slight bit of audio distortion to the muting as such, i.e., it is detectable as a sort of overlayed artifact of the muting, and it and interferes with the music and narration tracks.

So what I have been doing to try to eliminate audio on the video track is by opening the audio "mixing room," and I manually hold the slider for audio level for the video track all the way to the bottom (to zero sound) as the video clip plays. That does get the job done. But this is a cludgy way of working. This can't be the best way to go about it! But I'm just diving in and experimenting as I go along.

Anyway, what is the best way to achieve the desired result of lowering the volume to zero for a video track? Thanking you in advance!

Firstly, make sure the video track has a tick in the little square box on the left of the track. Secondly, make sure that you have not removed the source files for your project. For instance, if you loaded from an SD card and not from your hard drive and you have removed the SD card the timeline will have only black images. Note that a PDS file is only a text file that directs PD where to look for the source files.

One other possibility. Is your material .MOV?

Thanks, I must have accidentally clicked on the box for the video track to uncheck it, lol. I clicked the box to put a checkmark in it and all is well.

Project is stored on computer hard drive. The video files I'm using are m4a.

Thanks again! cool
I just tried deleting a number of files in order to check if I could view the project where I had left off with it last night, when it had only 39 total media files. And I could view it then. But I'm still getting just a black screen for the video on playback with the number of files trimmed down as such. So that makes me more hopeful that it's just some setting adjustment I need to make.

This morning I created some new title files by placing existing ones in the film, editing them, and saving them as new title templates. Perhaps that sheds light on what could possibly be the problem now?
Using Powerdirector 16. Just installed it yesterday, currently patched. Getting familiar with the interface. Have used Windows Movie Maker a bit, so somewhat familiar with the most rudimentary basics of editing.

I'm editing together what is, by the time it's finished, going to be a pretty lengthy film analysis video. Somewhere in the 60-90 minutes range, I think.

I'm only 13 minutes in at this point. This morning after adding some content, suddenly when I try to view what I've assembled thus far on playback ("view entire movie") I'm just seeing a black screen. I can select content from my photo and video media files and see it there. But not when I try to view the movie. I do have sound. But the screen is black for the video.

Hopefully this can be remedied with some sort of setting adjustment?...

However when deciding which video editing program to purchase I noticed on a PC Magazine comparison of such software that there is a limit of "100 video tracks" to Powerdirector 16. Wasn't really sure what that meant. Really hoping that it doesn't mean I'm limited to 100 media files per project!

If so, do you just break up the film into separate projects consisting of less than 100 files, and then join them together somehow?
Go to: