Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
turn off audio entirely for a video track?
rogbngp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2018 09:00 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Working on a film analysis video:

I have three tracks

• video (capture clips, graphic stills, titles, etc.)

• background music

• vocal narration

When I wish to have no background music or narration, and just want to show a clip, I run video in the main video track.

But I have another video track as well for when I just want to display video from a clip, sans audio, and run the music track and narration over the clip. So it's actually two different video tracks, I just alternate between them. Hope that makes sense.

I want to be able to just turn off the audio entirely for the video track so that just the video displays but sound for it is muted. The problem is that when I select "Mute Clip" I can still hear a slight bit of audio distortion to the muting as such, i.e., it is detectable as a sort of overlayed artifact of the muting, and it and interferes with the music and narration tracks.

So what I have been doing to try to eliminate audio on the video track is by opening the audio "mixing room," and I manually hold the slider for audio level for the video track all the way to the bottom (to zero sound) as the video clip plays. That does get the job done. But this is a cludgy way of working. This can't be the best way to go about it! But I'm just diving in and experimenting as I go along.

Anyway, what is the best way to achieve the desired result of lowering the volume to zero for a video track? Thanking you in advance!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 12. 2018 11:07

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I use MUTE and never noticed fault, I also use unlink audio from video and delete only audio.

Also lower the volume directly on the audio track, select the audio drag the audio line down (0) XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
rogbngp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2018 09:00 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I use MUTE and never noticed fault, I also use unlink audio from video and delete only audio.

Also lower the volume directly on the audio track, select the audio drag the audio line down (0)

Now that you pointed it out, there it is staring me in the face! Thanks! laughing