Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hey guys,

Thanks for all your comments! Apparently I’m a rookie and didn’t know the colour director tools only apply to videos not photos. All the tools are present in my powerdirector. I was always using photos when I was looking for them.

Problems solved! Thanks!

Ben
Just tried re-installing the colordirector and still doesn’t connect
Quote Hi Ben -

When you select a video and go to Fix/Enhance, does a ColorDirector link appear at the top? If so, clicking on it will send the clip to CDR.

Screenshot attached.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

No the colour director link is not present under Fix/enhance. Also, some of the options under enhance are not there like ‘colour presets’.

Ben
Thank you everyone! I have officially upgraded to PD 16. Now just can’t seem to get my colordirector connected to my powerdirector...
Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded to powerdirector 16 ultimate which came with color director 5 ultra. In all the video tutorials i have been watching, the colour director is connected to the powerdirector. When you click on fix and enhance there should be some features from colour director but my powerdirector does not have those features.

Does es anyone know how to connect the programs?

Thank you!

Ben

PD 16 will open files from previous versions, and your work should remain in the same folders as they are now which is probably PD Projects.

However if you create a file in PD16 don't expect to be able to open it in PD13.

Do keep both versions as sometimes it's useful to have the old version available.

Robert

Thank you Shadowman! I have looked into and think it’s a good idea to upgrade to PD16. Just trying to decide between ultra and ultimate. Would ultra not have very many stock light leaks to use? I wonder if ultimate would have a lot more options for me. Also I wonder when the right time is to upgrade? I remember seeing advertising for 75% off versions in the past but I’m not sure when the big sales come on...or when PD 17 will come out...?
Thanks Barrythecrab and Hatti!

I am working on a massive editing project/slideshow of a ton of family footage. I am about 75% done. If I upgrade to PD 16, can I transfer my project to PD 16 unchanged? Will I lose any of the work I’ve done?

I really appreciate all your help!
Hi everyone,

Im new to the forum! Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

im trying to incorporate light leaks into my videos as transitions etc. I’m having trouble on powerdirector 13. I downloaded some light leaks and imported the videos to my project. Now how do I use them?

Videos for other editing programs explain i must set the light leak video to “screen”. But I cannot figure out how to do that in powerdirector.

Anyone know how to successfully do that? And any other tips for making the most out of light leaks / film flares?
Are newer powerdirectors better at this? (I use 13).
Thank you!!

Ben
Go to: